remote assistance won't start

Hello, I have used RA for a year now to help friends with problems. Yesterday
I reinstalled XP home and now I can't use remote Assistant. My friend sends a
request, I accept, both computers show that I've accepted but that's where it
stops. no error message. RA is started through messenger, I have updated my
version of messenger 4.7. I am using a router with uPnP and didn't have a
problem before I reinstalled windows. Please Help!!
3 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance start

    Have you reinstalled all critical update via WindowsUpdate since you
    reinstalled Windows?

    "Leipzig" <Leipzig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I have used RA for a year now to help friends with problems.
    > Yesterday
    > I reinstalled XP home and now I can't use remote Assistant. My friend
    > sends a
    > request, I accept, both computers show that I've accepted but that's where
    > it
    > stops. no error message. RA is started through messenger, I have updated
    > my
    > version of messenger 4.7. I am using a router with uPnP and didn't have a
    > problem before I reinstalled windows. Please Help!!

    Hopefully it's not blocked in the firewall - any firewall. Check them all.

    "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    > Have you reinstalled all critical update via WindowsUpdate since you
    > reinstalled Windows?
    >
    > "Leipzig" <Leipzig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello, I have used RA for a year now to help friends with problems.
    >> Yesterday
    >> I reinstalled XP home and now I can't use remote Assistant. My friend
    >> sends a
    >> request, I accept, both computers show that I've accepted but that's
    >> where it
    >> stops. no error message. RA is started through messenger, I have updated
    >> my
    >> version of messenger 4.7. I am using a router with uPnP and didn't have a
    >> problem before I reinstalled windows. Please Help!!

    Good thought. No error message ought to be a tipoff.
    I'm beginning to thing I need to add:

    "What flavor of Norton is running on the machine?"

    to most answers.

    "Alan White" <alanwhite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hopefully it's not blocked in the firewall - any firewall. Check them
    > all.
    >

    > "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    >> Have you reinstalled all critical update via WindowsUpdate since you
    >> reinstalled Windows?
    >>
    >> "Leipzig" <Leipzig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello, I have used RA for a year now to help friends with problems.
    >>> Yesterday
    >>> I reinstalled XP home and now I can't use remote Assistant. My friend
    >>> sends a
    >>> request, I accept, both computers show that I've accepted but that's
    >>> where it
    >>> stops. no error message. RA is started through messenger, I have updated
    >>> my
    >>> version of messenger 4.7. I am using a router with uPnP and didn't have
    >>> problem before I reinstalled windows. Please Help!!

Messenger Windows XP