Tags:
  • Messenger
  • Windows XP
December 6, 2004 7:27:02 AM

Hello, I have used RA for a year now to help friends with problems. Yesterday
I reinstalled XP home and now I can't use remote Assistant. My friend sends a
request, I accept, both computers show that I've accepted but that's where it
stops. no error message. RA is started through messenger, I have updated my
version of messenger 4.7. I am using a router with uPnP and didn't have a
problem before I reinstalled windows. Please Help!!

More about : remote assistance start

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 7:18:49 PM

Have you reinstalled all critical update via WindowsUpdate since you
reinstalled Windows?

"Leipzig" <Leipzig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I have used RA for a year now to help friends with problems.
> Yesterday
> I reinstalled XP home and now I can't use remote Assistant. My friend
> sends a
> request, I accept, both computers show that I've accepted but that's where
> it
> stops. no error message. RA is started through messenger, I have updated
> my
> version of messenger 4.7. I am using a router with uPnP and didn't have a
> problem before I reinstalled windows. Please Help!!
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 1:52:14 AM

Hopefully it's not blocked in the firewall - any firewall. Check them all.

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> Have you reinstalled all critical update via WindowsUpdate since you
> reinstalled Windows?
>
> "Leipzig" <Leipzig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, I have used RA for a year now to help friends with problems.
>> Yesterday
>> I reinstalled XP home and now I can't use remote Assistant. My friend
>> sends a
>> request, I accept, both computers show that I've accepted but that's
>> where it
>> stops. no error message. RA is started through messenger, I have updated
>> my
>> version of messenger 4.7. I am using a router with uPnP and didn't have a
>> problem before I reinstalled windows. Please Help!!

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 2:46:33 AM

Good thought. No error message ought to be a tipoff.
I'm beginning to thing I need to add:

"What flavor of Norton is running on the machine?"

to most answers.