Codec problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe I have a problem codec on my XP SP2 system, but don't know
how to identify it.. When I try to run Dr. DivX on certain mpeg2 files
(.TiVo files), it (Dr. DivX) closes down immediately.

When I run DirectShow Filter Manager, I get the following error
message on startup: Invalid data type for 'FilterData'. There is no
additional information with the error message. I do get a
list of DirectShow filters, but I don't know what's generating the
error message.

Thanks again.
1 answer Last reply
More about codec problem

    You could try a handy little utility called "g-spot." It's my
    "codec-identifying utility" of choice. Get it here:
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

    Good luck.

Tuner Cards Codec Error Message Graphics