RDP 2003 SERVER IN ADMIN MODE NOT WORKING

December 7, 2004 5:17:11 AM

I have three windows 2003 std servers with remote desktop enabled
(IEESC has been removed) but I can't connect to them using remote
desktop. All three are on the same subnet and switch.
I can't even remote desktop from one of the offending servers to
another of the offending three.
All three are operating as stand alone servers at pressent.
Any ideas on how I can remote desktop to them or even between them
Paul
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 8:52:45 AM

oopps
1. the admins do have passwords
2. the admins are in the RDU group
3. When I try to connectfrom one server to another i get the standard
err message " the client could not connect to the remote computer"

RDP is enabled via the system applet and the "Terminal Services"
service is running
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 4:52:05 PM

Hi
paulgobey@liberata.com wrote:
> I have three windows 2003 std servers with remote desktop enabled
> (IEESC has been removed) but I can't connect to them using remote
> desktop. All three are on the same subnet and switch.
> I can't even remote desktop from one of the offending servers to
> another of the offending three.
> All three are operating as stand alone servers at pressent.
> Any ideas on how I can remote desktop to them or even between them
> Paul

Could you please describe what means "cannot connect".
1. Check if the Admin-Account has a password.
2. Check if Administrators are members of group "Remote Desktop Users"
3. Describe your problem a little bit better.

Greets

Peter
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 11:18:55 PM

If you run "netstat -ano", do you see an entry listening on TCP Port
3389?
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com