Unable to reconnect to Remote Desktop after Disconnect

Hello,

I am having the same issue others are having. I am working with Windows XP
Professional (SP2). I keep getting errors when I try to Reconnect to my
computer. Connecting the first time works without a problem, but when I
disconnect or log off I am unable to reconnect. A reboot is required to login
again. My computer is a part of a domain, and is located behind a firewall.
I am using VPN to tunnel into the network and then Remote Desktop to connect
to the machines.

Here is what I have tried so far:

I have updated vide drivers on all machines using Remote Desktop
I have checked the Event Logs and found no errors.
I have tried clicking on the "Disconnect" option as well as the "Log Off"
option.
I have made sure telnet opens to a black screen.
I have also tried using Windows XP (SP1) without the hot fixes installed.

Please help as I am need to get this working.
Thank you in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about unable reconnect remote desktop disconnect

    Are you by any chance running Webroot's Spyweeper?
    I ask because when I install that product I get the same issues as you, but
    when I uninstall it, the issue disappears.

    Dan.

    <dewey@anon.postalias> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having the same issue others are having. I am working with Windows XP
    > Professional (SP2). I keep getting errors when I try to Reconnect to my
    > computer. Connecting the first time works without a problem, but when I
    > disconnect or log off I am unable to reconnect. A reboot is required to
    > login
    > again. My computer is a part of a domain, and is located behind a
    > firewall.
    > I am using VPN to tunnel into the network and then Remote Desktop to
    > connect
    > to the machines.
    >
    > Here is what I have tried so far:
    >
    > I have updated vide drivers on all machines using Remote Desktop
    > I have checked the Event Logs and found no errors.
    > I have tried clicking on the "Disconnect" option as well as the "Log Off"
    > option.
    > I have made sure telnet opens to a black screen.
    > I have also tried using Windows XP (SP1) without the hot fixes installed.
    >
    > Please help as I am need to get this working.
    > Thank you in advance.

    No I am not using Spysweeper. I know this is going to be something easy I am
    overlooking, but for now I am still stuck.

    "Dan" wrote:

    > Are you by any chance running Webroot's Spyweeper?
    > I ask because when I install that product I get the same issues as you, but
    > when I uninstall it, the issue disappears.
    >

    > Dan.
    >
    > <dewey@anon.postalias> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am having the same issue others are having. I am working with Windows XP
    > > Professional (SP2). I keep getting errors when I try to Reconnect to my
    > > computer. Connecting the first time works without a problem, but when I
    > > disconnect or log off I am unable to reconnect. A reboot is required to
    > > login
    > > again. My computer is a part of a domain, and is located behind a
    > > firewall.
    > > I am using VPN to tunnel into the network and then Remote Desktop to
    > > connect
    > > to the machines.
    > >
    > > Here is what I have tried so far:
    > >
    > > I have updated vide drivers on all machines using Remote Desktop
    > > I have checked the Event Logs and found no errors.
    > > I have tried clicking on the "Disconnect" option as well as the "Log Off"
    > > option.
    > > I have made sure telnet opens to a black screen.
    > > I have also tried using Windows XP (SP1) without the hot fixes installed.
    > >
    > > Please help as I am need to get this working.
    > > Thank you in advance.

  3. The updated video drivers may be the problem. The newest nVidia drivers have this problem. Try using an older video driver available for your video card.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP