VBScript Error with Remote Desktop Web Connection

I changed the RDC listening port on my computer so that it is different than
the other computer on my network. We are connected through a router so I had
to forward the ports necessary so both of our computers can be remotely
connected to with remote desktop connection which works. Though, my IIS
remote desktop web server stopped working so I replaced the default.htm file
with Jeffrey Randow's customized default.htm file and now when I try and
connect to my computer through remote desktop web connection from a remote
machine, this error comes up: http://home.cogeco.ca/~mash17/ActiveXerror.JPG
I went into the remote computer's IE security settings and enabled all
ActiveX and scripting checkboxes but I still get the same error. Has anyone
ever ran into this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks, Ryan
1 answer Last reply
More about vbscript error remote desktop connection

    Yes, I got the same error when installing the recommended file. I'll be
    looking for answer on this board.

    Ed

    "Ryan" wrote:

    > I changed the RDC listening port on my computer so that it is different than
    > the other computer on my network. We are connected through a router so I had
    > to forward the ports necessary so both of our computers can be remotely
    > connected to with remote desktop connection which works. Though, my IIS
    > remote desktop web server stopped working so I replaced the default.htm file
    > with Jeffrey Randow's customized default.htm file and now when I try and
    > connect to my computer through remote desktop web connection from a remote
    > machine, this error comes up: http://home.cogeco.ca/~mash17/ActiveXerror.JPG
    > I went into the remote computer's IE security settings and enabled all
    > ActiveX and scripting checkboxes but I still get the same error. Has anyone
    > ever ran into this problem and if so, how did you fix it?
    >
    > Thanks, Ryan

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows XP