Unable to install Internet Information Service

Tags:
  • Components
  • IIS
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
December 8, 2004 3:47:07 PM

I am trying to setup Remote Desktop in XP. I did a search and the help file
said to install IIS from Add/Remove Windows Components. I go to Add/Remove
Windows Components and there is no option for the IIS

More about : unable install internet information service

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 5:53:04 PM

Pisstopher1980 wrote:
> I am trying to setup Remote Desktop in XP. I did a search and the
> help file said to install IIS from Add/Remove Windows Components. I
> go to Add/Remove Windows Components and there is no option for the IIS

Windows XP Professional?
Home does not have the capability at all.

--
<- Shenan ->
December 9, 2004 1:41:40 AM

Pisstopher1980 wrote:
> I am trying to setup Remote Desktop in XP. I did a search and the
> help file said to install IIS from Add/Remove Windows Components. I
> go to Add/Remove Windows Components and there is no option for the IIS

a) you don't need IIS for Remote Desktop - just for TSWeb (RD via a browser)
b) you need XP Pro for either IIS or Remote Desktop hosting - home won't
work.
!