Printing to my local printer

I am accessing a terminal server by using remote desktop. I am on my laptop
and have a printer connected directly to it. When I connected to remote
desktop, I changed the options to load local service for printers. Yet I
can choose my printer to print. I can choose the network printers. How do i
set this up do I can printer from my printer.
3 answers Last reply
More about printing local printer

    shedevel143 wrote:
    > I am accessing a terminal server by using remote desktop. I am on my
    > laptop and have a printer connected directly to it. When I
    > connected to remote desktop, I changed the options to load local
    > service for printers. Yet I can choose my printer to print. I can
    > choose the network printers. How do i set this up do I can printer
    > from my printer.

    What kind of printer, and what kind of connection does it have to your
    laptop?

    I am experiencing a similar situation. I am running Windows XP Professional
    connected to a Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services. The printer I
    am want to use is a HP Deskjet 960c.

    Mike wrote:
    > I am experiencing a similar situation. I am running Windows XP
    > Professional connected to a Windows 2000 Server running Terminal
    > Services. The printer I am want to use is a HP Deskjet 960c.

    What kind of connection?
    See http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

    and
    Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or USB Are Not
    Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services Session
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302361

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
    >
    >> shedevel143 wrote:
    >>> I am accessing a terminal server by using remote desktop. I am on
    >>> my laptop and have a printer connected directly to it. When I
    >>> connected to remote desktop, I changed the options to load local
    >>> service for printers. Yet I can choose my printer to print. I can
    >>> choose the network printers. How do i set this up do I can printer
    >>> from my printer.
    >>
    >> What kind of printer, and what kind of connection does it have to
    >> your laptop?

Remote Desktop Terminal Server Printers Windows XP