Printing to my local printer

December 9, 2004 6:09:02 AM

I am accessing a terminal server by using remote desktop. I am on my laptop
and have a printer connected directly to it. When I connected to remote
desktop, I changed the options to load local service for printers. Yet I
can choose my printer to print. I can choose the network printers. How do i
set this up do I can printer from my printer.

More about : printing local printer

Anonymous
December 9, 2004 12:49:35 PM

shedevel143 wrote:
> I am accessing a terminal server by using remote desktop. I am on my
> laptop and have a printer connected directly to it. When I
> connected to remote desktop, I changed the options to load local
> service for printers. Yet I can choose my printer to print. I can
> choose the network printers. How do i set this up do I can printer
> from my printer.

What kind of printer, and what kind of connection does it have to your
laptop?
December 9, 2004 3:43:03 PM

I am experiencing a similar situation. I am running Windows XP Professional
connected to a Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services. The printer I
am want to use is a HP Deskjet 960c.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> shedevel143 wrote:
> > I am accessing a terminal server by using remote desktop. I am on my
> > laptop and have a printer connected directly to it. When I
> > connected to remote desktop, I changed the options to load local
> > service for printers. Yet I can choose my printer to print. I can
> > choose the network printers. How do i set this up do I can printer
> > from my printer.
>
> What kind of printer, and what kind of connection does it have to your
> laptop?

Anonymous
December 9, 2004 10:28:30 PM

Mike wrote:
> I am experiencing a similar situation. I am running Windows XP
> Professional connected to a Windows 2000 Server running Terminal
> Services. The printer I am want to use is a HP Deskjet 960c.

What kind of connection?
See http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

and
Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or USB Are Not
Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services Session
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302361

!