Connection timeout to Windows XP Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

When we connect to Remote Desktop on Windows XP SP1 and SP2 we sometimes get
timeouts during the login procedure.

The user enters the username and password and has to wait for a few minutes
after which the connection is terminated.
In the eventlog of the workstation the user tries to connect to nothing is
logged.

The strange part about this is that sometimes it does work. It seems that
for instance the amount of memory used by the loggedon user is determining
the problem with the connection.
If a user has a large picture as background this problem arises, and now we
have users with 20 browser windows or X-Sessions to servers who have the
same problem.

Is it possible to increase the timeout for the connection so more time is
available to transfer the session?
Or does someone know another solution?

Regards,

Merijn