Printer

I am remotely connecting to a computer(xp pro) thru a VPN connection at work.
The OS that I have at home is xp home. This setup works great but when I am
in the remote desktop session I can't use my local printer from the remote
desktop connection. Is it possible to be connected remotely and still get
your local printer to function?

yes it is the driver for the local printer has to be installed on remote
computer, and set your loacl printer to share.

"zbell" <zbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am remotely connecting to a computer(xp pro) thru a VPN connection at
>work.
> The OS that I have at home is xp home. This setup works great but when I
> am
> in the remote desktop session I can't use my local printer from the remote
> desktop connection. Is it possible to be connected remotely and still get
> your local printer to function?

What you are saying is that the driver for printer at my house has to be
installed on the computer at work. If this is correct then I still have a
problem. When I am at home and trying to follow your advice is says "Printer
is not attached to a local port". It seems to insist that I have the printer
from home attached to the computer at work. I want to be able to print on my
printer at home from the remote connection at work. Have you seen this before
or am I trying to do the impossible? Any help would make myself and a couple
of my users very happy.