ATI Extended Desktop Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 27, 2005 7:58:19 PM

I'm using Premier 6.5 on a new Dell XPS laptop with ATI 9700 128 MB
card. I can get the extended desktop to work but the extended desktop
will only accept some of the small boxes like the transitions and
history boxes. The second monitor is a Dell 15" LCD. I would like it
to accept the Monitor child window. Does anyone have any good or bad
experience with this type of set-up or problem. Thanks, Ed
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 4:06:11 PM

The monitor in video editing programs is normally restricted to the Primary
display. This is because the video monitor uses Overlay to show the video.
Overlay only works on the Primary display because it is an extension of the
desktop as well...like the secondary monitor.

<chebba@hbci.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Premier 6.5 on a new Dell XPS laptop with ATI 9700 128 MB
> card. I can get the extended desktop to work but the extended desktop
> will only accept some of the small boxes like the transitions and
> history boxes. The second monitor is a Dell 15" LCD. I would like it
> to accept the Monitor child window. Does anyone have any good or bad
> experience with this type of set-up or problem. Thanks, Ed
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 8:30:52 AM

That sounds correct. Thanks. Ed

!