Remote desktop client exits after login

Hi,

I cannot connect to my desktop PC from my laptop.
Both using Win XP Pro. All other network connections work, ping, access
shared folders, etc.

When trying to connect using remote desktop, login screen of the remote
computer appears, after typing in my password, the client just exits after
trying about 10 seconds. There is not any error message.

Please help, thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop client exits login

    Chris <chris@laisteps.com> wrote:

    > I cannot connect to my desktop PC from my laptop.
    > Both using Win XP Pro. All other network connections work, ping,
    > access shared folders, etc.
    >
    > When trying to connect using remote desktop, login screen of the
    > remote computer appears, after typing in my password, the client just
    > exits after trying about 10 seconds. There is not any error
    > message.

    On your desktop PC, update the video drivers to the latest version from the
    manufacturer's website. For instance, if you have an Nvidia video card,
    update from www.nvidia.com

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Remote Desktop Connection Login Windows XP