Is there any way to set Windows XP Pro, so that login is n..

I am wanting to use a desktop with XP Pro for a host, and connect to it with
an XP home laptop.

I can configure the desktop host, so that it connects/dials up att worldnet
upon boot, but there is a catch 22, it wont dial up until I login to windows
xp, which I cant do if i'm remote and disconnected.

Is there any way to set XP Pro so that hitting <enter> to a login box is not
required on boot?

It just seems like the first time I ever have to reboot, the desktop host
will be 'orphaned' until I get home, which could be a while sometimes

Tweak UI has autologon feature.

"Ray Williams" <Ray Williams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am wanting to use a desktop with XP Pro for a host, and connect to it
>with
> an XP home laptop.
>
> I can configure the desktop host, so that it connects/dials up att
> worldnet
> upon boot, but there is a catch 22, it wont dial up until I login to
> windows
> xp, which I cant do if i'm remote and disconnected.
>
> Is there any way to set XP Pro so that hitting <enter> to a login box is
> not
> required on boot?
>
> It just seems like the first time I ever have to reboot, the desktop host
> will be 'orphaned' until I get home, which could be a while sometimes

Go to Start -> Run -> control userpasswords2. Uncheck "Users must
enter a user name and password to use this computer". In the box
that pops up enter the appropriate information.

Nepatsfan
"Ray Williams" <Ray Williams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>I am wanting to use a desktop with XP Pro for a host, and
>connect to it with
> an XP home laptop.
>
> I can configure the desktop host, so that it connects/dials up
> att worldnet
> upon boot, but there is a catch 22, it wont dial up until I
> login to windows
> xp, which I cant do if i'm remote and disconnected.
>
> Is there any way to set XP Pro so that hitting <enter> to a
> login box is not
> required on boot?
>
> It just seems like the first time I ever have to reboot, the
> desktop host
> will be 'orphaned' until I get home, which could be a while
> sometimes

That's one way:

The other way is Start, Run, "control userpasswords2" <enter>
(quotes not needed)

and uncheck Users must enter a username..... and click apply.