XP Host Restarts when RDC client connects

I started getting a problem on my Host computer when I try to connect to it
using Remote Desktop. Every time I connect to my Host pc (XP Pro No-SP) the
operating system restarts on the host. I was connecting fine last week before
I installed some windows security updates...now this odd behavior. My client
pc is XP Pro SP2.
Where do I start diagnosing the problem (and maybe fixing it) ? Any help
would be appreciated.
Is it possible that these security updates chnged the registry in a way that
RDC is no longer possible?

Thanks,
Miguel

I've seen this, too and I'm looking into it.

- Steve
http://www.vncscan.com

Miguel G wrote:
> I started getting a problem on my Host computer when I try to connect
> to it using Remote Desktop. Every time I connect to my Host pc (XP
> Pro No-SP) the operating system restarts on the host. I was
> connecting fine last week before I installed some windows security
> updates...now this odd behavior. My client pc is XP Pro SP2.
> Where do I start diagnosing the problem (and maybe fixing it) ? Any
> help would be appreciated.
> Is it possible that these security updates chnged the registry in a
> way that RDC is no longer possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Miguel

1. Check the event logs on the host PC
2. The host PC should be running SP1 at a minimum - SP2 should also be
attempted

Any chance you updated the video driver?