Premier Pro two Video tracks synchronizing

Hello All,

I am new to video editing. And I need help.

I have two video clips of the same event from two different angel, from
two diffrent camera. Now I need to make a single video clip, from these
two, taking different parts from different angel.

So here what I am doing, first I put the clips in different track.
Video track 1 and Video track 2. The audio went 1 and 2 resepectively.
Now I want to synchronize them. Once done, I would cut parts from Video
track 1, so that in these places Video track 2 can be visible. And so
on...

Is this the best way to do this? If so, how do I synchronize in Premier
Pro and how do cut off parts from tracks.

If not, please give some tips, so that I can start. If possible, please
provide links Premier Pro tutorials.

Thanks

A better way to do it is using the dual monitor within Premiere. Place one
video on a track so it appears in the right monitor window. Find some
distinct action or movement by the subject in the picture. Once you find a
defining instance in the picture use the * key on the number pad to place a
marker at that point. Drag the second video to the left monitor, find that
same defining moment and then using single frame forward or backward (right
arrow or left arrow) find the frame that matches the one in the right
monitor. Place a marker on it and then line up the markers on the timeline.

--
Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions

<bipod.rafique@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to video editing. And I need help.
>
> I have two video clips of the same event from two different angel, from
> two diffrent camera. Now I need to make a single video clip, from these
> two, taking different parts from different angel.
>
> So here what I am doing, first I put the clips in different track.
> Video track 1 and Video track 2. The audio went 1 and 2 resepectively.
> Now I want to synchronize them. Once done, I would cut parts from Video
> track 1, so that in these places Video track 2 can be visible. And so
> on...
>
> Is this the best way to do this? If so, how do I synchronize in Premier
> Pro and how do cut off parts from tracks.
>
> If not, please give some tips, so that I can start. If possible, please
> provide links Premier Pro tutorials.
>
> Thanks

jt

I generally try to synchronize multiple cameras using the audio
waveform. It works best when you have a virtual clapboard, like
someone sneezing or scraping a chail, and of course is useless if the
audio is only white bg noise. Most always there's something distinct.

bipod.rafique@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am new to video editing. And I need help.
>
>I have two video clips of the same event from two different angel, from
>two diffrent camera. Now I need to make a single video clip, from these
>two, taking different parts from different angel.
>
>So here what I am doing, first I put the clips in different track.
>Video track 1 and Video track 2. The audio went 1 and 2 resepectively.
>Now I want to synchronize them. Once done, I would cut parts from Video
>track 1, so that in these places Video track 2 can be visible. And so
>on...
>
>Is this the best way to do this? If so, how do I synchronize in Premier
>Pro and how do cut off parts from tracks.
>
>If not, please give some tips, so that I can start. If possible, please
>provide links Premier Pro tutorials.
>
>Thanks

Thanks all of you.
It helps. Right now I am working on this, with your advice

Unioted Media makes a very nice plug-in for Premeire Pro called
multicam.

Multicam is a one-of-a-kind software solution for editing multiple
cameras in realtime
.. Multicam is a must for any video professional or enthusiast using
multiple cameras. Multicam allows you to play, scrub, view and edit up
to 4-camera sources simultaneously and edit between them in REALTIME.

Multicam is a plug-in to Adobe Premiere Pro
Multicam is a plug-in to Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Premiere 6.x NLE
software. Once you have completed your Multicam edit it is saved as a
Premiere Project and exported directly to the Premiere timeline for
adding realtime transitions and titles.

Supported Video Capture Cards
Multicam supports all major video capture cards using Adobe Premiere
Pro/1.5.

* Matrox RT.X/100/Xtreme Pro Video Card
* Canopus DVStorm2 Video Card
* OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 Firewire Card

http://www.videoguys.com/multicam.html

GAry
The Electronic Mailbox http://www.videoguys.com
The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts
800 323-2325 or Free DTV tech advice (516) 759-1615

All DTV purchases include our 30 day customer assurance program
and FREE tech support