How to set Remote Assistance Invitation to never expire

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to create an invitation file that is set to never expire?

2. If not, is there an easy way to script the process so that in one
click/action the invitation is automatically created/generate and saved/sent
to the same specific person each time?

I wish to setup a directory of invitations, one from every computer user/pc
that when they have an issue, I can easily go to that directory and open
thier specific, non-expiring invitation and iniate a connection. If this is
not possible, then I wish to have a simple shortcut/scipt on their desktop
that they launch that will automatically, with no user input, send me an
invitation. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

No 1....No, the maximum period is 99 days. That seems to be hard coded into the OS.

No 2...Here is one way to do that.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/RemoteAssistance.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"TF" <please reply in the news group> wrote in message news:Oqerlyq4EHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I have two questions:
>
> 1. Is it possible to create an invitation file that is set to never expire?
>
> 2. If not, is there an easy way to script the process so that in one
> click/action the invitation is automatically created/generate and saved/sent
> to the same specific person each time?
>
> I wish to setup a directory of invitations, one from every computer user/pc
> that when they have an issue, I can easily go to that directory and open
> thier specific, non-expiring invitation and iniate a connection. If this is
> not possible, then I wish to have a simple shortcut/scipt on their desktop
> that they launch that will automatically, with no user input, send me an
> invitation. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

I don't know how to do #1, nor, really, #2. I think #2 could be cut to a
few steps--create invitation, save to file, run batch process to either
command-line-mailer said file, or move said file to network drive.

If you are in a domain, you can use the "offer remote assistance" process
and do away with the invitations altogether if your "expert" is an
administrator.

"TF" <please reply in the news group> wrote in message
>I have two questions:
>
> 1. Is it possible to create an invitation file that is set to never
> expire?
>
> 2. If not, is there an easy way to script the process so that in one
> click/action the invitation is automatically created/generate and
> saved/sent to the same specific person each time?
>
> I wish to setup a directory of invitations, one from every computer
> user/pc that when they have an issue, I can easily go to that directory
> and open thier specific, non-expiring invitation and iniate a connection.
> If this is not possible, then I wish to have a simple shortcut/scipt on
> their desktop that they launch that will automatically, with no user
> input, send me an invitation. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Sorry, I wasn't very specific on number 2. I was hoping to create a script
that would generate the invitation file based on the current time, date,
user and activate the registry to allow the connection. Basically all the
steps the wizard does.

I will look into how to offer remote assistance, as that might be the best
option I have. Thanks.

"TF" <please reply in the news group> wrote in message
>I have two questions:
>
> 1. Is it possible to create an invitation file that is set to never
> expire?
>
> 2. If not, is there an easy way to script the process so that in one
> click/action the invitation is automatically created/generate and
> saved/sent to the same specific person each time?
>
> I wish to setup a directory of invitations, one from every computer
> user/pc that when they have an issue, I can easily go to that directory
> and open thier specific, non-expiring invitation and iniate a connection.
> If this is not possible, then I wish to have a simple shortcut/scipt on
> their desktop that they launch that will automatically, with no user
> input, send me an invitation. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

I think your right about the "Offer" functionality...

Good luck...

--

> Sorry, I wasn't very specific on number 2. I was hoping to create a script that would generate
> the invitation file based on the current time, date, user and activate the registry to allow the
> connection. Basically all the steps the wizard does.
>
> I will look into how to offer remote assistance, as that might be the best option I have. Thanks.
>

> "TF" <please reply in the news group> wrote in message
>>I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. Is it possible to create an invitation file that is set to never expire?
>>
>> 2. If not, is there an easy way to script the process so that in one click/action the invitation
>> is automatically created/generate and saved/sent to the same specific person each time?
>>
>> I wish to setup a directory of invitations, one from every computer user/pc that when they have
>> an issue, I can easily go to that directory and open thier specific, non-expiring invitation and
>> iniate a connection. If this is not possible, then I wish to have a simple shortcut/scipt on
>> their desktop that they launch that will automatically, with no user input, send me an
>> invitation. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Hi everyone,

I was just looking at this old thread in my search for the solution to the same problem. THANKS re: registry modification.

I think I may have found a solution, although I'm not entirely certain:

1) create a remote assistance file (*.msrincident)
2) create a copy of this file with a different file name
3) edit the new file with wordpad, changing the Dtlength= value to something much greater, like 1000000
4) use the new file instead of the original to connect with the novice computer

I will have to wait and see if this works... since the novice computer is not aware of the copy remote assistance file, it doesn't know that it should expire. I'm curious to hear what you think (if anyone is still checking this thread!)

Thanks again