Num Lock on IMAC G5

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change Num Lock status on remote machine when
machine linking to XP box is IMAC G5? The default when connection is made
is that Num Lock is OFF.

The G5 does not have a Num Lock Key, hence the remote XP box always thinks
that keypresses to Number Pad are to be taken as the alternative direction
keys etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

There's a newsgroup for the Mac RD client, now let me see if I can find it:

I think: Microsoft.public.mac.rdc

If you check there, there's a good chance someone will know the answer.

On 17/12/04 4:39 PM, in article O0rOMr$4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, "Bill
Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote:

> There's a newsgroup for the Mac RD client, now let me see if I can find it:
>
> I think: Microsoft.public.mac.rdc
>
> If you check there, there's a good chance someone will know the answer.
>

> "Bill Wilkinson" <ww849377@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know how to change Num Lock status on remote machine when
>> machine linking to XP box is IMAC G5? The default when connection is made
>> is that Num Lock is OFF.
>>
>> The G5 does not have a Num Lock Key, hence the remote XP box always thinks
>> that keypresses to Number Pad are to be taken as the alternative direction
>> keys etc.
>>
>> Any help would be most appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bill

Thanks Bill,

I will have a look.

Regards,

Bill

You're welcome. A client is about to acquire a new mac which will be
running OS/X, so I can actually check these details myself!
(I suppose the next question is whether there's a client for Apple Remote
access(??) for the PC!)