VPN connection

Hi, I have at home two computer one have WXP professional and the other WXP
home edition, when I try to establish VPN to my office the first one can but
the secound one can't, the problem is that freez at register the user, I made
the connection once the other is disconnected, The configuration to dial the
VPN are the same, I download the this patch WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe in
the computer with home edition and still have the same problem, do I install
in the VPN server? the VPN server is XP professional, Any Idea?

Thanks in advance

--
Thanks

lefrench <lefrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have at home two computer one have WXP professional and the
> other WXP home edition, when I try to establish VPN to my office the
> first one can but the secound one can't, the problem is that freez
> at register the user, I made the connection once the other is
> disconnected, The configuration to dial the VPN are the same, I
> download the this patch WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe in the
> computer with home edition and still have the same problem, do I
> install in the VPN server? the VPN server is XP professional

At what Service Pack level is each of the three XP PCs?

Is the VPN of a PPTP or an L2TP variety?

Is the XP VPN server at the office behind a NAT router?

If the two home PCs are both behind the same NAT router, then there might be
problems with the router if you try to make more than one outgoing VPN
connection at a time, or within the time it takes for the router to time-out
the VPN pass-through. So try the XP Home VPN long after any previous VPN
connection has ceased.

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk