What Mouse are you using?

Hi Guys,

My old mouse is shoing some age - so time to upgrade.

As a VERY keen Counterstrike player I was wondering what people were
using.

I need fast response and probably more than the usual 2 buttons for
special actions!

Any advice welcome.

Thx,

Mike

(Lafis online - if you see me, say Hi, then Die! :)
Having problems formatting your Word documents?
Try HealthChecK from Kutchka.
Full software on 25 day free trial.
http://www.kutchka.com/products/producthealthcheck.asp

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical (not the Explorer)
Optical is the only way to go these days, and this is the best mouse I
have ever used.
Has the usual mouse1 and mouse2 buttons, with wheel/mouse3, and 2 side
buttons mouse4 and mouse5.
I use mouse4 to select he gren, and mouse5 to select flashbang.
--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : troy@piggo.com

"Mike Seddon" <mike.sd@btinternt.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> My old mouse is shoing some age - so time to upgrade.
>
> As a VERY keen Counterstrike player I was wondering what people were
> using.
>
> I need fast response and probably more than the usual 2 buttons for
> special actions!
>
> Any advice welcome.
>
> Thx,
>
> Mike
>
> (Lafis online - if you see me, say Hi, then Die! :)

I use a Razer Boomslang 2000 and a 3M Precise Surface mousing pad. Yes, it
is a ball mouse and I have to clean it sometimes, but it is precise almost
beyond belief.

> Having problems formatting your Word documents?
> Try HealthChecK from Kutchka.
> Full software on 25 day free trial.
> http://www.kutchka.com/products/producthealthcheck.asp

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:54:15 +0000 (UTC), someone who claims to be
mike.sd@btinternt.com (Mike Seddon) wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>My old mouse is shoing some age - so time to upgrade.
>
>As a VERY keen Counterstrike player I was wondering what people were
>using.
>
>I need fast response and probably more than the usual 2 buttons for
>special actions!
>
>Any advice welcome.
>
>Thx,
>
>Mike
>
>(Lafis online - if you see me, say Hi, then Die! :)
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Having problems formatting your Word documents?
>Try HealthChecK from Kutchka.
>Full software on 25 day free trial.
>http://www.kutchka.com/products/producthealthcheck.asp

Hi Mike Seddon,

I would go for: Logitech MX510 and Black Icemat ;)

Greetings/ Med venlig hilsen

sIQ | S3N80R - www.siq.dk

Mike Seddon wrote:

> As a VERY keen Counterstrike player I was wondering what people were
> using.

I am using a Logitech MX-500 on a Ratpadz gaming surface.
I can honestly say this mouse has never skipped once on me and is weighted
just perfect to give a sense of movement in your hand.

Make sure you use the PS-2 port on your PC in preference to USB and leave
the wireless stuff alone. As well as lag you will have he added weight of
the batteries to deal with.

Styvaen.

"Styvaen" <abuse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Mike Seddon wrote:
>
> > As a VERY keen Counterstrike player I was wondering what people were
> > using.
>
> I am using a Logitech MX-500 on a Ratpadz gaming surface.
> I can honestly say this mouse has never skipped once on me and is weighted
> just perfect to give a sense of movement in your hand.
>
> Make sure you use the PS-2 port on your PC in preference to USB and leave
> the wireless stuff alone. As well as lag you will have he added weight of
> the batteries to deal with.

Hmm though mx500 was only wireless.

"Mike Seddon" <mike.sd@btinternt.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> My old mouse is shoing some age - so time to upgrade.
>
> As a VERY keen Counterstrike player I was wondering what people were
> using.
MS Optical Explorer 3.0 (alienware branded and coloured) not the nasty
4.x on an everglide black surface

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:05:26 +0100, someone who claims to be "Lief"
<ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:

>Hmm though mx500 was only wireless.

MX700 is the 'wire'less one ! ;)

"S3N80R" <s3n80rREMOVE_THIS@siq.dk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:05:26 +0100, someone who claims to be "Lief"
> <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:
>

> >Hmm though mx500 was only wireless.
>
> MX700 is the 'wire'less one ! ;)

My bad its been a while¬

Styvaen wrote:

<snip>
> Make sure you use the PS-2 port on your PC in preference to USB

Why? Does this perform better? I have been using USB, but have PS2
adapter that never use.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : troy@piggo.com

"Troy Piggins" <troy@piggo.com> wrote in message
> Styvaen wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Make sure you use the PS-2 port on your PC in preference to USB
>
> Why? Does this perform better? I have been using USB, but have PS2
> adapter that never use.

Although PS2 has lower bandwidth it has a typically higher refresh
rate than USB (sort of like a lower ping) plus PS2 is not dependant on
CPU resources like USB. In real life though there is not enough of a
difference to worry about but if you have a PS2 port and a capable
mouse you may as well use the tiny advantage

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i use the logitech mx 700 wireless and it has never given me a problem,
works like a champ and its connected to the usb. anywho my 2 cents

I like toys and cake wrote:

> "Troy Piggins" <troy@piggo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Styvaen wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>>Make sure you use the PS-2 port on your PC in preference to USB
>>
>>Why? Does this perform better? I have been using USB, but have PS2
>>adapter that never use.
>

> Although PS2 has lower bandwidth it has a typically higher refresh
> rate than USB (sort of like a lower ping) plus PS2 is not dependant on
> CPU resources like USB. In real life though there is not enough of a
> difference to worry about but if you have a PS2 port and a capable
> mouse you may as well use the tiny advantage

Actually the USB refreshes at 100HZ and the PS2 at 40HZ though my
logitech mouse driver lets me increase my PS2 sampling rate to 100 or
even (silly) 200HZ. There is a third party app (see download.com) that
also allows you to change the PS2 sampling rate.

The problem with USB is that it was never designed to be a low latency
interface. Unlike PS2 which has a dedicated IRQ line for the interface
USB interrupts result in hardware polling which involves checking every
USB device to see if it has pending data. The result is lag time caused
by the drivers of each USB device as you wait for each of them to
respond vis-a-vis do they or do they not have data to share.

HTH, Styvaen.