Wireless Laptop doesn't see Desktop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
October 30, 2004 10:41:01 PM

I also have just run into this problem. Cable Modem to Linksys Wireless
Router with 4 port ethernet. Desktop(xP Pro) connnected to one Linksys
ethernet port, and laptop (xP Home) with Wireless Adapter Card.

The wireless install seemed to go fine and can connect to the internet from
the laptop. However, when I ran Network Wizard on both machines they do not
see each other in View Workgroups. When used a direct Ethernet connection
Laptop to Linksys they CAN see each other. With the Wireless connection I
had seen an ICON that said Micro Bridge in Network Connections; can anyone
explain what this is about and are there some settings that go with it?

Thanks for any advice,
Gary
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
October 31, 2004 12:41:01 AM

Whenever I've seen a network bridge installed on a laptop it has proven a
hindrance to proper performance. I believe that it is trying to bridge the
wireless card's network to the ethernet card's network (likely not what you
want anyway). I've also found pinging to be a "wake-up" call in some cases.

Good luck.

!