RDS to my home PC behind ADSL router

How do I configure my D-Link 500 ADSL router at home so that I can RDS to my
home PC.
Other newsgroups suggest opening up port 3389 and setting up a "port
redirection ????".
The router has a static real world IP and I want to RDS to my PC with
192.x.x.x internally.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
Gary D
4 answers Last reply
More about home adsl router

    See this page for help with port forwarding TCP Port 3389 through your router.

    http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

    Call using the public IP of the router, ie. the IP assigned by your ISP. See the "Call Scheme from a
    remote location" section on this page for help with addressing issues...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Gary D" <gary@admp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:e5XjX4B5EHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > How do I configure my D-Link 500 ADSL router at home so that I can RDS to my home PC.
    > Other newsgroups suggest opening up port 3389 and setting up a "port redirection ????".
    > The router has a static real world IP and I want to RDS to my PC with 192.x.x.x internally.
    >
    > Any help much appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary D

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Gary D" <gary@admp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:e5XjX4B5EHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > How do I configure my D-Link 500 ADSL router at home so that I can RDS to my
    > home PC.
    > Other newsgroups suggest opening up port 3389 and setting up a "port
    > redirection ????".
    > The router has a static real world IP and I want to RDS to my PC with
    > 192.x.x.x internally.
    >
    > Any help much appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary D

    Thanks AL, will have a good read !

    Gary

    > See this page for help with port forwarding TCP Port 3389 through your
    > router.
    >
    > http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
    >
    > Call using the public IP of the router, ie. the IP assigned by your ISP.
    > See the "Call Scheme from a remote location" section on this page for help
    > with addressing issues...
    >
    > http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooting.html
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >
    > "Gary D" <gary@admp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> How do I configure my D-Link 500 ADSL router at home so that I can RDS to
    >> my home PC.
    >> Other newsgroups suggest opening up port 3389 and setting up a "port
    >> redirection ????".
    >> The router has a static real world IP and I want to RDS to my PC with
    >> 192.x.x.x internally.
    >>
    >> Any help much appreciated
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Gary D

    >>> How do I configure my D-Link 500 ADSL router at home so that I can RDS
    >>> to my home PC.
    >>> Other newsgroups suggest opening up port 3389 and setting up a "port
    >>> redirection ????".
    >>> The router has a static real world IP and I want to RDS to my PC with
    >>> 192.x.x.x internally.

    On my D-link 804HV router the menu for setting this up is called: "Virtual
    Server" (Dlinks name for "port redirection"), set the port and what
    internal IP that the service (ie: RDP) should be redirected to. I think
    that's it...

    --
    Every day above ground is a good day

Routers Configuration Microsoft Windows XP