transferring iMovie projects between Macs

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

If I want to transfer an iMovie project from one Mac to another, can I
just copy across the .proj file? Will this work between iMovie 5.01 and
earlier iMovie versions?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

In article <1107119065.086382.154640@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<benhREMOVE@uk2.net> wrote:

> If I want to transfer an iMovie project from one Mac to another, can I
> just copy across the .proj file? Will this work between iMovie 5.01 and
> earlier iMovie versions?

No, and no.

You need to move the project file, the QuickTime reference file, and
the clips folder at a minimum.

The format of the project file varies from version to version (features
are added and removed).

--
Spenser