Transfering .vro files to PC

I have a panasonic DMR55.

When I tranfer files to the PC recorded tv programs play ok, but
widescreen films have the right hand side cut off.

Anyone know why?

Renaming the files to .mpg makes no difference.

Thanks for any help.

Bye for now.

Clive.

"Clive Savage" <clive@milllom.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have a panasonic DMR55.
>
> When I tranfer files to the PC recorded tv programs play ok, but
> widescreen films have the right hand side cut off.
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Renaming the files to .mpg makes no difference.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Bye for now.
>
> Clive.

It sounds like there might be a mis-match between what
the header data aspect ratio is and the actual size of the
video. Try VideoReDo, I think it can read your .vro files,
and when you get to the point of saving, there is an "Options"
button, click on that. You can then change the aspect set in
the headers. Then if you play them on PowerDVD set the
player to "Keep Aspect Ratio".

Luck;
Ken

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Clive Savage <clive@milllom.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I have a panasonic DMR55.
>
>When I tranfer files to the PC recorded tv programs play ok, but
>widescreen films have the right hand side cut off.
>
>Anyone know why?
>
>Renaming the files to .mpg makes no difference.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>

>Bye for now.
>
>Clive.

There should be an option in the software your using to play back the
video to select what screen ratio you want. 16:9 widescreen,
Letterbox, and Pan and Zoom are the usual options. Try each one until
you are happy with the result.

Regards Brian

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:01:52 +1300, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>Clive Savage <clive@milllom.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>I have a panasonic DMR55.
>>
>>When I tranfer files to the PC recorded tv programs play ok, but
>>widescreen films have the right hand side cut off.
>>
>>Anyone know why?
>>
>>Renaming the files to .mpg makes no difference.
>>
>>Thanks for any help.
>>

>>Bye for now.
>>
>>Clive.
>
>There should be an option in the software your using to play back the
>video to select what screen ratio you want. 16:9 widescreen,
>Letterbox, and Pan and Zoom are the usual options. Try each one until
>you are happy with the result.
>
>Regards Brian

Plays ok in Power DVD, but not in windows media player or the ATI
multimedia player.

Hy Ho, never mind...

Bye for now.

Clive.