HELP: copying a PAL dvd into a NTSC dvd

Hi, I've searched the net and no info has come yet.

I have a bunch of Region 2 PAL DVDs but since I live in Mexico I would
like to have some of them copied to region 1 NTSC dvds...

I've tried using DVD Shrink 3.1 but it only copies DVDs from the same
format into the same format.

Is there a way to make this conversion from PAL to NTSC without losing
the extra features?

Thanks in advance for the help

On 30 Jan 2005 19:18:28 -0800, alan_estrada@axtel.net (Alan Estrada)
wrote:

>Hi, I've searched the net and no info has come yet.
>
>I have a bunch of Region 2 PAL DVDs but since I live in Mexico I would
>like to have some of them copied to region 1 NTSC dvds...
>
>I've tried using DVD Shrink 3.1 but it only copies DVDs from the same
>format into the same format.
>
>Is there a way to make this conversion from PAL to NTSC without losing
>the extra features?

Not easily. Do yourself a favor and just get a $30
region-free DVD player that can convert PAL to NTSC. It really is the
simplest solution.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!

I have very little knowledge of video. I have just bought a new PC and
wish to buy a sound card. Can you give me any advice please?

Thanks

mags29122003 wrote ...
> I have very little knowledge of video. I have just bought a
> new PC and wish to buy a sound card. Can you give me
> any advice please?

You could start by describing what kind of pc, what you
want to do with your sound card, etc. Generic questions
rarely elicit useful answers.

Tagging on to other topics doesn't help either. If you want
to start a new conversation, do it and give it a helpful
subject line.

On 31 Jan 2005 02:28:49 -0800, mags29122003@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>I have very little knowledge of video. I have just bought a new PC and
>wish to buy a sound card. Can you give me any advice please?

Sorry, but my sound needs are so basic that I just use the
onboard sound built in to my motherboard. Does your motherboard not
have onboard sound or are you looking for something better?

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

alan_estrada@axtel.net (Alan Estrada) wrote:

>Hi, I've searched the net and no info has come yet.
>
>I have a bunch of Region 2 PAL DVDs but since I live in Mexico I would
>like to have some of them copied to region 1 NTSC dvds...
>
>I've tried using DVD Shrink 3.1 but it only copies DVDs from the same
>format into the same format.
>
>Is there a way to make this conversion from PAL to NTSC without losing
>the extra features?
>
>Thanks in advance for the help

I've heard that there are some software that strips off the region and
makes the video region free.

Take a look at www.dvdrhelp.com

Regards Brian

I've done the region free trick, but I need to transfer PAL DVDs to
NTSC with extras and all.

Thanks in advance.

I do have a region free dvd player, but I'd like to make a NTSC copy of
one of my PAL Dvds, including extras, is this possible?

Possible - but a lot of work. You need to convert each title
individually. Copy the menus, then reassemble it all back together. A
lot of CPU power needed and a lot of manual pushing buttons.

On 2 Feb 2005 08:30:39 -0800, "AE" <alan_estrada@axtel.net> wrote:

>I do have a region free dvd player, but I'd like to make a NTSC copy of
>one of my PAL Dvds, including extras, is this possible?

It's possible, but it's a lot of work. SInce PAL video has a
completely different resolution and framerate than NTSC, it would
involve reencoding all the video segments. At the moment, no software
package can do this automatically.
Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!

Could you write a small tutorial regarding this topic? I dont mind
doing this manually, but Im not sure how to reencode de formats (nor
what software should I use), and I also would like to know how to copy
the menus from one format to the other

thanks in advance.

On 5 Feb 2005 23:55:54 -0800, alan_estrada@axtel.net (Alan Estrada)
wrote:

>Could you write a small tutorial regarding this topic? I dont mind
>doing this manually, but Im not sure how to reencode de formats (nor
>what software should I use), and I also would like to know how to copy
>the menus from one format to the other
>
>thanks in advance.

You would essentially have to completely reauthor the disc.
Like I said, it's just easier to spend $30 and get a player that will
do the conversion for you. Believe me, it's not a trivial task at
all, certianly not within the scope of a "small tutorial."