Hiding icons on desktop "permanently"

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxwindy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 64bit on an Asus U45J. I realise I am able to my hide icons on my desktop correctly, but once I shutdown or restarts my computer, my desktop goes back to default with all the icons unhidden scattered all over my wallpaper.

Is there a way to hide my icons for once and not manually right click to hide icons everytime I start up my computer?

Thanks

OP never mentioned whether these are the system icons or just plain shortcuts created by programs.

rwcotton

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011

This does not help. I have the same issue with having my hidden icons return after rebooting or simply booting up my computer (Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 x64). On the menu it shows them as hidden, even though they are showing on my desktop. I have to set them to show, then hide them again in order to remove them from my desktop.

Later in this thread it is mentioned that they should just be deleted. I don't want them deleted, as I normally place files there temporarily, then move them to a permanent location later.

I simply want to choose when the desktop icons show, and that is NOT at startup.

broer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

Hello there, it is pretty old post, but maybe you are still looking for a solution. This "reappearing after restart issue"
is very often caused by Power4Gear Hybrid software. Are you using it? ;)

Regards,
Jakub

Status
Not open for further replies.