Rode VideoMic Quickie mp4 review now up.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production, (More info?)

Hi,

I Just uploaded a Quickie mp4 review of the Rode VideoMic. If you're
interested:

go to www.tyford.com
click on the review articles archive
click on the Quickies folder
the mp4 is inside.

Does the Quickie look/sound like something helpful?

Any other thoughts?

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:21:27 -0500, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Any other thoughts?

Ty,

I guess I don't have what it takes to view this flavour of mpg4. With
IE I only get the video. If I download it, the audio (but no video)
will play in Winamp and the video ( but no audio) will play in DivX
Player.

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/

"Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I Just uploaded a Quickie mp4 review of the Rode VideoMic. If you're
> interested:
>
> go to www.tyford.com
> click on the review articles archive
> click on the Quickies folder
> the mp4 is inside.
>
> Does the Quickie look/sound like something helpful?

Yes.

> Any other thoughts?

Close-up inserts of the goods (particularly if you are
talking about a particular feature) would be helpful.

Since most of us have never met you in person, some
kind of comparison (15 seconds of you voice on each
of your stable of mics?) would give us a better reference
to compare against.

"Frank Vuotto" <deepthrob@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:21:27 -0500, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Any other thoughts?
>>

> Ty,
>
> I guess I don't have what it takes to view this flavour of mpg4. With
> IE I only get the video. If I download it, the audio (but no video)
> will play in Winamp and the video ( but no audio) will play in DivX
> Player.

The (free) Quicktime player (from Apple) plays back
Ty's files just fine.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:47:50 -0500, Frank Vuotto wrote
(in article <6grsv0pnak4vuqn6ha6n97ff0ltsg5nnsg@4ax.com>):

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:21:27 -0500, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Any other thoughts?
>>

> Ty,
>
> I guess I don't have what it takes to view this flavour of mpg4. With
> IE I only get the video. If I download it, the audio (but no video)
> will play in Winamp and the video ( but no audio) will play in DivX
> Player.
>

> Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
> @/

Frank,

Sometimes truth IS stranger than fiction.

Regards,

Ty Ford

PS: Let us know if you figure it out.

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:20:15 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
<rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote:

>The (free) Quicktime player (from Apple) plays back
>Ty's files just fine.

Oh yea, that thing. I forgot I had taken it off (it kept trying to
take over my computer and was ever so slow). I've been using a qt
alternative that uses the qt codec (6.5.1). It seemed to work on
everything (till now)

Oh well.....

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/

Ty Ford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I Just uploaded a Quickie mp4 review of the Rode VideoMic. If you're
> interested:
>
> go to www.tyford.com
> click on the review articles archive
> click on the Quickies folder
> the mp4 is inside.
>
> Does the Quickie look/sound like something helpful?
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ty Ford
>

> -- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other audiocentric
> stuff are at www.tyford.com

Cool. One of the reasons I love the internet.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:19:14 -0500, Richard Crowley wrote
(in article <10vu0q57qe59j0b@corp.supernews.com>):

> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I Just uploaded a Quickie mp4 review of the Rode VideoMic. If you're
>> interested:
>>
>> go to www.tyford.com
>> click on the review articles archive
>> click on the Quickies folder
>> the mp4 is inside.
>>
>> Does the Quickie look/sound like something helpful?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Any other thoughts?
>
> Close-up inserts of the goods (particularly if you are
> talking about a particular feature) would be helpful.
>
> Since most of us have never met you in person, some
> kind of comparison (15 seconds of you voice on each
> of your stable of mics?) would give us a better reference
> to compare against.

Hmm... sort of like a benchmark file? Neumann U 89, Schoeps cmc641,
Sennheiser MKH 414. That be enough?

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:19:14 -0500, Richard Crowley wrote
> (in article <10vu0q57qe59j0b@corp.supernews.com>):
>

>> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I Just uploaded a Quickie mp4 review of the Rode VideoMic. If you're
>>> interested:
>>>
>>> go to www.tyford.com
>>> click on the review articles archive
>>> click on the Quickies folder
>>> the mp4 is inside.
>>>
>>> Does the Quickie look/sound like something helpful?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> Any other thoughts?
>>
>> Close-up inserts of the goods (particularly if you are
>> talking about a particular feature) would be helpful.
>>
>> Since most of us have never met you in person, some
>> kind of comparison (15 seconds of you voice on each
>> of your stable of mics?) would give us a better reference
>> to compare against.
>>

> Hmm... sort of like a benchmark file? Neumann U 89, Schoeps cmc641,
> Sennheiser MKH 414. That be enough?

Add the EV635, Shure SM7, RE20, MC012. That would be so cool to be able to
say to all the, "I'm thinking about getting a -----. What do you think?"
questions with, "Just go here --------."

Steve King

"Steve King" <steve@REMOVETHISSPAMBLOCKsteveking.net> wrote in message
> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:19:14 -0500, Richard Crowley wrote
>> (in article <10vu0q57qe59j0b@corp.supernews.com>):
>>

>>> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Yes.

>>> Close-up inserts of the goods (particularly if you are
>>> talking about a particular feature) would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Since most of us have never met you in person, some
>>> kind of comparison (15 seconds of you voice on each
>>> of your stable of mics?) would give us a better reference
>>> to compare against.
>>>

>> Hmm... sort of like a benchmark file? Neumann U 89, Schoeps cmc641,
>> Sennheiser MKH 414. That be enough?
>>
> Add the EV635, Shure SM7, RE20, MC012. That would be so cool to be
> able to say to all the, "I'm thinking about getting a -----. What do
> you think?" questions with, "Just go here --------."

That collecction would be a popular thing in both
these video newsgroups, and in the audio newsgroups.
(And a Shure SM57/58 just for reference.)