Control Panel via Telnet

I telnet into my other PC, after authenticating I type in
Control.exe to run the Control Panel and nothing happens.
How can I run the Control Panel remotely? Even if I
connect via the GUI and click on Control.exe it only runs
the Control Panel on the PC that I am on not the remote
PC. TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about control panel telnet

    Bill Thorngate <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I telnet into my other PC, after authenticating I type in
    > Control.exe to run the Control Panel and nothing happens.

    Correct: logging in via telnet supports only command-line console commands.

    > How can I run the Control Panel remotely?

    You would need to log in using something like Remote Desktop.

    > Even if I
    > connect via the GUI and click on Control.exe it only runs
    > the Control Panel on the PC that I am on not the remote
    > PC.

    What do you mean by "connect via the GUI?"

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    By GUI I mean Windows Explorer by typing
    \\computername\c$ into the Run box.

    Bill Thorngate <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > By GUI I mean Windows Explorer by typing
    > \\computername\c$ into the Run box.

    But that's just viewing the network shares of "computername": it does not
    give you any way to control the PC, or open its control panel.

    As I said before, if you want to control a remote PC, you need to use
    something like Remote Desktop, or perhaps VNC.

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    Ok well thank you for your responses, I really appreciate
    it.

    wrote:

    >> By GUI I mean Windows Explorer by typing
    >> \\computername\c$ into the Run box.
    >
    >But that's just viewing the network shares
    of "computername": it does not
    >give you any way to control the PC, or open its control
    panel.

    >As I said before, if you want to control a remote PC,
    you need to use
    >something like Remote Desktop, or perhaps VNC.
    >
    >--
    >Robin Walker
    >rdhw@cam.ac.uk
    >

    >.

Control Panel Microsoft Telnet Windows XP