Remote Desktop Connection over LAN

Thanks for your reply. I've applied the registry hack
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281307
And the host computer now appears in the client "browse for more"
window in Remote Desktop Connection.

I still get the message :"The local policy of this system
does not permit you to logon interactively" when I try to connect.
I've tried from two client machines on my LAN. Both behave the same
way.
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop connection

    From a response by "David Jones" to a similar problem awhile back...

    *************************

    You can also open gpedit.msc, expand Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security
    Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment, find
    "Allow logon through Terminal Services" and add the account to see if that was the problem.

    *************************

    See this link for help getting the group policy editor working...

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "William.R.Reisen" <wrreisen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your reply. I've applied the registry hack
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281307
    > And the host computer now appears in the client "browse for more"
    > window in Remote Desktop Connection.
    >
    > I still get the message :"The local policy of this system
    > does not permit you to logon interactively" when I try to connect.
    > I've tried from two client machines on my LAN. Both behave the same
    > way.

Remote Desktop Connection LAN Windows XP