8X media with Pioneer A06?

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Has anyone had any success burning 8X media at 4X with the Pioneer A06
burner? I haven't found a firmware upgrade on the Pioneer web site that
pertains to 8X media. Thanks.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Greg

I have the 106 in a Sony Vaio. The 106 is the OEM version of the A06 and I
have burned about 40 Verbatim 8X with no issues so far..
Larry

"Greg" <glaux@corecomm.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any success burning 8X media at 4X with the Pioneer A06
> burner? I haven't found a firmware upgrade on the Pioneer web site that
> pertains to 8X media. Thanks.

I have been using Ritek G05s (8x) in the 106 without any problems.

I know there was an issue with using 4x discs in 2x burners, but a
firmware update normally fixed that.

So, tobe safe, just make sure you are on the latest firmware.

Jojax14