Imagemixer software for Sony 201E

I have had a Sony 201E digicam for nearly four months now. Great
camera - however, it is basically unusable. I was attracted to it
because I liked the idea of using small DVD disks and being able to
quickly and easily transfer them to my PC in order to edit and write
off to a normal size DVD. The software that is suppled by Sony,
IMagemixer v1.5 is USELESS. It just does not work. I've re-installed
and followed every word of the online help (which is very poor). I
have been unable to transfer or properly edit any of my work using
this software. The camera produces VOB files which are not compatable
with any other editing program I've come across. It's a great pity
that Sony have not produced usable software for use with a very good
camera. To anybody thinking of buying one I would say, 'DON'T' - the
hassle involved is just not worth it. Has anybody out there had any
success using Imagemixer????

On 1 Feb 2005 13:50:20 -0800, peterlavington@hotmail.com (Pete L)
wrote:

>I have had a Sony 201E digicam for nearly four months now. Great
>camera - however, it is basically unusable. I was attracted to it
>because I liked the idea of using small DVD disks and being able to
>quickly and easily transfer them to my PC in order to edit and write
>off to a normal size DVD. The software that is suppled by Sony,
>IMagemixer v1.5 is USELESS. It just does not work. I've re-installed
>and followed every word of the online help (which is very poor). I
>have been unable to transfer or properly edit any of my work using
>this software. The camera produces VOB files which are not compatable
>with any other editing program I've come across. It's a great pity
>that Sony have not produced usable software for use with a very good
>camera. To anybody thinking of buying one I would say, 'DON'T' - the
>hassle involved is just not worth it. Has anybody out there had any
>success using Imagemixer????

Not me, I gave up on it (and Sony), I could never even get it to
recognize the camera.

You can edit those vob files with the Womble MPEG Video Wizard.

And you can share your misery and outrage with others at:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/f102

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/