Remote office setup to login to corporate lan

We have a remote office with one XP professional PC in it which we would
like to connect to our corporate lan as though it was just a long cat-5
cable. Both the remote and corporate offices have fast internet connections
with fixed IP addresses. The corporate lan is running Microsoft SBS 2003
using ISA and two nic cards. If possible we would like to have the remote
pc log into the network and have the same rights as if the pc was local and
plugged into the local switch.

I have looked into the Cisco/Linksys VPN routers and was wondering if this
is the way to do the connection?

Is there any HOW-TO docs to accomplish this connection?

TIA
Mark
1 answer Last reply
More about remote office setup login corporate

    Mark Butler wrote:
    > We have a remote office with one XP professional PC in it which we
    > would like to connect to our corporate lan as though it was just a
    > long cat-5 cable. Both the remote and corporate offices have fast
    > internet connections with fixed IP addresses. The corporate lan is
    > running Microsoft SBS 2003 using ISA and two nic cards. If possible
    > we would like to have the remote pc log into the network and have the
    > same rights as if the pc was local and plugged into the local switch.
    >
    > I have looked into the Cisco/Linksys VPN routers and was wondering if
    > this is the way to do the connection?
    >
    > Is there any HOW-TO docs to accomplish this connection?
    >
    > TIA
    > Mark

    VPN would be your best option, but you should post in m.p.windows.server.sbs
    for help setting it up on the server side (I'm sure they'll also help you
    with the client config).

LAN Windows XP