Is the sound in a Divx video in stereo?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have a DVD player that can play Divx video and the thought of
putting 10 hours of Divx videos on a DVD interests me.
I was wondering if I recorded from VHS to Divx would the stereo sound
from my VHS tape also be recorded in Divx as stereo?

Regards Brian

Well, if you capture it in stereo, its gunna be stereo.

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:55:04 +1300, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>I have a DVD player that can play Divx video and the thought of
>putting 10 hours of Divx videos on a DVD interests me.
>I was wondering if I recorded from VHS to Divx would the stereo sound
>from my VHS tape also be recorded in Divx as stereo?
>
>Regards Brian

On a sunny day (Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:55:04 +1300) it happened Brian
<bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in <3l81019v7oipfhgvo6a792adq2n6lnk70k@4ax.com>:

>I have a DVD player that can play Divx video and the thought of
>putting 10 hours of Divx videos on a DVD interests me.
>I was wondering if I recorded from VHS to Divx would the stereo sound
>from my VHS tape also be recorded in Divx as stereo?
Your capture card would likely record it as a stereo wave format file.
You can then later recode it to mp3.
It will be stereo if the original was stereo.