Adjusting the Screen

I would like to set my screen that I am viewing remotely to fit the monitor I
am using. Currently I have to scroll to view in full screen of the remote
machine. Is there a setting somewhere? I thought changing the screen
resolution of the remote machine might control it, but it does not appear to.

Also is there a cheat sheet on system commands that work in remote desktop
mode (ie shutdown)

Thanks,
Shaun
1 answer Last reply
More about adjusting screen

    Well, yes, often changing the remote machine's desktop resolution will
    control it-- to a certain degree. Tell us the following:

    What's the resolution of the server box, and what's the resolution of the
    remote box (and os). I do know that the new RDP client software has a vague
    setting of 'more' which frankly, I haven't played with so I don't know how
    it differs from setting a specific resolution. But the reality is simply
    that if you're connecting and the client box has a lower resolution than you
    have on the server side, and you run an app which is normally at the higher
    resolution, more scrolling will be necessary as the desktop of your RDP
    connection will only be at the resolution of the remote machine.

    Paul

    "sscholer" <sscholer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to set my screen that I am viewing remotely to fit the
    monitor I
    > am using. Currently I have to scroll to view in full screen of the remote
    > machine. Is there a setting somewhere? I thought changing the screen
    > resolution of the remote machine might control it, but it does not appear
    to.

    > Also is there a cheat sheet on system commands that work in remote desktop
    > mode (ie shutdown)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shaun

Windows XP