Remote Desktop & Firewall

I want to setup 5 computers on my LAN for people to be able to access their
remote desktop.

If I direct the ports of my firewall to a particular IP address, then all
users will be directed to that IP. How do I set it up so people can choose
what computer they connect to behind the fire wall? Is there a console that
will display available computers?

Thanks
Merry Christmas
4 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop firewall

    See this page for help...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

    They could also access their desktops through a VPN tunnel...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    In article <O7JzZFH6EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
    scott@schellhogan.com says...
    > I want to setup 5 computers on my LAN for people to be able to access their
    > remote desktop.
    >
    > If I direct the ports of my firewall to a particular IP address, then all
    > users will be directed to that IP. How do I set it up so people can choose
    > what computer they connect to behind the fire wall? Is there a console that
    > will display available computers?

    Get a firewall or router that acts as a VPN endpoint and let them VPN
    into your network and access anything they want - simple, easy.

    The D-Link DI-804HV can act as a simple PPTP endpoint for multiple
    connections - if you need a suggestion for a unit.

    spamfree999@rrohio.com
    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Can I use "Remote Web Workplace"?
    How?

    Scott Stabb wrote:
    > Can I use "Remote Web Workplace"?

    Only if you have SBS2003.

    > How?

    See above :)
    https://my.company.com/remote

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> In article <O7JzZFH6EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
    >> scott@schellhogan.com says...
    >>> I want to setup 5 computers on my LAN for people to be able to
    >>> access their remote desktop.
    >>>
    >>> If I direct the ports of my firewall to a particular IP address,
    >>> then all users will be directed to that IP. How do I set it up so
    >>> people can choose what computer they connect to behind the fire
    >>> wall? Is there a console that will display available computers?
    >>
    >> Get a firewall or router that acts as a VPN endpoint and let them VPN
    >> into your network and access anything they want - simple, easy.
    >>
    >> The D-Link DI-804HV can act as a simple PPTP endpoint for multiple
    >> connections - if you need a suggestion for a unit.
    >>
    >> --
    >> --
    >> spamfree999@rrohio.com
    >> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Remote Desktop Firewalls Computers Windows XP