Scott

Hi,

I have an XP client using remote desktop to connect over 3389 to 2003
terminal services. The remote desktop client is setup to automatically login
and to share its local drive on the XP machine. From this auto login session
I used the command "net use x: \\tsclinet\c" to share the C drive as X under
the sessions My Computer window.

This X share appears to lose it map occasionally and I must run "net use x:
\\tsclinet\c" again to get it to appear. I created a batch file to run this
command from the 2003 session startup DIR but it does not appear to work.

Does anyone else have a problem with NET USE maps disappearing over 2003 +
XP remote desktop ?

I guess I could add a domain login script to delete X then map X and that
should sort it.

Thanks for your time.
Scott

scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an XP client using remote desktop to connect over 3389 to 2003
> terminal services. The remote desktop client is setup to
> automatically login and to share its local drive on the XP machine.
> From this auto login session I used the command "net use x:
> \\tsclinet\c" to share the C drive as X under the sessions My
> Computer window.
>
> This X share appears to lose it map occasionally and I must run "net
> use x: \\tsclinet\c" again to get it to appear. I created a batch
> file to run this command from the 2003 session startup DIR but it
> does not appear to work.
>
> Does anyone else have a problem with NET USE maps disappearing over
> 2003 + XP remote desktop ?
>
> I guess I could add a domain login script to delete X then map X and
> that should sort it.
>
> Thanks for your time.
> Scott

I've never tried this, but what's the need for the drive mapping, since it
sounds like you already see the local drive redirection in use in Explorer?