Vob to mpeg2 conversion

I have some DVD's burned using a Pioneer 520HS (of some science programs
from TV - all legit under ERA licence) and I want to convert them to MPEG2
format to load on to our media server at school. I tried DVD ripper but it
seems to want to take 4x the length of each program. I tried renaming the
..vob files to .mpg and lo and behold windows media player (9) will now play
them. Is it really this simple? or am I being daft here?

Nik
2 answers Last reply
More about mpeg2 conversion

    NikV wrote:
    > I have some DVD's burned using a Pioneer 520HS (of some science
    > programs from TV - all legit under ERA licence) and I want to convert
    > them to MPEG2 format to load on to our media server at school. I
    > tried DVD ripper but it seems to want to take 4x the length of each
    > program. I tried renaming the .vob files to .mpg and lo and behold
    > windows media player (9) will now play them. Is it really this
    > simple? or am I being daft here?
    >
    > Nik

    No you're not. Sometimes you get lucky and it works.
    If the audio was AC-3, then it's a different story :-(

    Mike

    Hi,
    Mpeg Video Wizard (Womble) will make a Mpeg2 of it properly.

    Regards,

    martin

    "NikV" <nk@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have some DVD's burned using a Pioneer 520HS (of some science programs
    >from TV - all legit under ERA licence) and I want to convert them to MPEG2
    >format to load on to our media server at school. I tried DVD ripper but it
    >seems to want to take 4x the length of each program. I tried renaming the
    >.vob files to .mpg and lo and behold windows media player (9) will now play
    >them. Is it really this simple? or am I being daft here?
    >
    > Nik

Tuner Cards DVD Graphics