  • DVD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2005 4:07:52 AM

I have some DVD's burned using a Pioneer 520HS (of some science programs
from TV - all legit under ERA licence) and I want to convert them to MPEG2
format to load on to our media server at school. I tried DVD ripper but it
seems to want to take 4x the length of each program. I tried renaming the
..vob files to .mpg and lo and behold windows media player (9) will now play
them. Is it really this simple? or am I being daft here?

Nik

More about : vob mpeg2 conversion

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 4:07:53 AM

NikV wrote:
> I have some DVD's burned using a Pioneer 520HS (of some science
> programs from TV - all legit under ERA licence) and I want to convert
> them to MPEG2 format to load on to our media server at school. I
> tried DVD ripper but it seems to want to take 4x the length of each
> program. I tried renaming the .vob files to .mpg and lo and behold
> windows media player (9) will now play them. Is it really this
> simple? or am I being daft here?
>
> Nik

No you're not. Sometimes you get lucky and it works.
If the audio was AC-3, then it's a different story :-(

Mike
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 9:39:55 PM

Hi,
Mpeg Video Wizard (Womble) will make a Mpeg2 of it properly.

Regards,

martin

!