Monitor vs TV resolution

Just a general question. I have noticed whenever I play a DVD on my
computer the resolution seems so much better than on a TV. Now, the
computer monitor I am using is just a standard monitor with a standard
video card ect. But dvd movies always seem to look sharper and more
vivid on a PC monitor. Any idea why this is?

Tim Hopkins

"Bosco" <randfan@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Just a general question. I have noticed whenever I play a DVD on my
> computer the resolution seems so much better than on a TV. Now, the
> computer monitor I am using is just a standard monitor with a standard
> video card ect. But dvd movies always seem to look sharper and more
> vivid on a PC monitor. Any idea why this is?

PC monitors do have higher resolutions than average TVs, not only are
ordinary TVs a very old invention, they are also designed to be viewed from
much further away.