Remote Desktop Client will not work with wireless Connection

I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
difference.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

--
Sandy
4 answers Last reply

    What particular error do you get?

    Also, if you are trying to seamlessly go from wired to wireless, you
    will lose the RD connection in the process.
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Windows Network Technology Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    Windows Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:13:06 -0800, "Sandy"
    <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
    >using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
    >my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
    >tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
    >difference.
    >
    >I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

    I have the same problem. When I connect using a wired connection I connect
    right away. When I try wireless using a Micrsoft router and 802.11G card it
    fails every time. The error I get is: "The remote computer disconnected the
    session because of an error in the licensing protocol. Please try connecting
    again..."

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

    > What particular error do you get?
    >
    > Also, if you are trying to seamlessly go from wired to wireless, you
    > will lose the RD connection in the process.
    > ---
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    > Windows Network Technology Community -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    > Windows Home Networking Community -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx
    >
    > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:13:06 -0800, "Sandy"
    > <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
    > >using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
    > >my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
    > >tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
    > >difference.
    > >
    > >I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

    I tried everything and finally upgraded the driver for my Linksys card.
    Worked right away!

    "matt" wrote:

    > I have the same problem. When I connect using a wired connection I connect
    > right away. When I try wireless using a Micrsoft router and 802.11G card it
    > fails every time. The error I get is: "The remote computer disconnected the
    > session because of an error in the licensing protocol. Please try connecting
    > again..."
    >
    > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > What particular error do you get?
    > >
    > > Also, if you are trying to seamlessly go from wired to wireless, you
    > > will lose the RD connection in the process.
    > > ---
    > > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
    > > jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    > >
    > > Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    > > of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    > > be answered depending on time availability....
    > >
    > > Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    > > http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    > > Windows Network Technology Community -
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    > > Windows Home Networking Community -
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx
    > >
    > > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:13:06 -0800, "Sandy"
    > > <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
    > > >using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
    > > >my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
    > > >tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
    > > >difference.
    > > >
    > > >I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

    Glad that worked for you...
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Windows Network Technology Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    Windows Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:01:03 -0800, "Sandy"
    <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I tried everything and finally upgraded the driver for my Linksys card.
    >Worked right away!
    >
    >"matt" wrote:
    >
    >> I have the same problem. When I connect using a wired connection I connect
    >> right away. When I try wireless using a Micrsoft router and 802.11G card it
    >> fails every time. The error I get is: "The remote computer disconnected the
    >> session because of an error in the licensing protocol. Please try connecting
    >> again..."
    >>
    >> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >>
    >> > What particular error do you get?
    >> >
    >> > Also, if you are trying to seamlessly go from wired to wireless, you
    >> > will lose the RD connection in the process.
    >> > ---
    >> > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
    >> > jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> >
    >> > Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> > of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> > be answered depending on time availability....
    >> >
    >> > Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> > http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> > Windows Network Technology Community -
    >> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    >> > Windows Home Networking Community -
    >> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

Remote Desktop Wireless Connection Windows XP