Remote Desktop Client will not work with wireless Connection

December 23, 2004 7:13:06 PM

I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
difference.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

--
Sandy
Anonymous

What particular error do you get?

Also, if you are trying to seamlessly go from wired to wireless, you
will lose the RD connection in the process.
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:13:06 -0800, "Sandy"
<Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
>using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
>my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
>tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
>difference.
>
>I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.
December 29, 2004 11:58:52 PM

I have the same problem. When I connect using a wired connection I connect
right away. When I try wireless using a Micrsoft router and 802.11G card it
fails every time. The error I get is: "The remote computer disconnected the
session because of an error in the licensing protocol. Please try connecting
again..."

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> What particular error do you get?
>
> Also, if you are trying to seamlessly go from wired to wireless, you
> will lose the RD connection in the process.
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

> Windows Network Technology Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
> Windows Home Networking Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...
>
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:13:06 -0800, "Sandy"
> <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
> >using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
> >my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
> >tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
> >difference.
> >
> >I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Related resources
December 30, 2004 7:01:03 AM

I tried everything and finally upgraded the driver for my Linksys card.
Worked right away!

"matt" wrote:

> I have the same problem. When I connect using a wired connection I connect
> right away. When I try wireless using a Micrsoft router and 802.11G card it
> fails every time. The error I get is: "The remote computer disconnected the
> session because of an error in the licensing protocol. Please try connecting
> again..."
>
> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > What particular error do you get?
> >
> > Also, if you are trying to seamlessly go from wired to wireless, you
> > will lose the RD connection in the process.
> > ---
> > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
> > jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >
> > Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> > of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> > be answered depending on time availability....
> >
> > Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> > http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> > Windows Network Technology Community -
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
> > Windows Home Networking Community -
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...
> >
> > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:13:06 -0800, "Sandy"
> > <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I have a Windows XP computer at home, trying to log into my work computer
> > >using VPN and Remote Desktop Client. Works fine as long as I am wired into
> > >my wireless router, but fails as soon as I use my wireless connection. Have
> > >tried everything to configure the router, but nothing seems to make a
> > >difference.
> > >
> > >I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 3, 2005 9:57:16 PM

Glad that worked for you...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:01:03 -0800, "Sandy"

!