if you are work computer is on a domain

Is there anyting that could cause my remote desktop client not to connect to
a work pc which is on the domain. I have done all the neccessary port fwding
and opened ports on the firewall. I even have allowed remoted desktop protcol
and services to be running on windows xp pro service pack 2. Anyhow, my
question to you is there a group policy or something i can check to see what
is blocking my remote access to work computer. I think it has to do with my
domain. I have static ip address at work. My router also is setup to port fwd
3389 to the right static DHCP address within my LAN connection.

I just cannot connect to my work computer using remote desktop.

Ankit Shah
3 answers Last reply
More about work computer domain

    Ankit Shah wrote:
    > Is there anyting that could cause my remote desktop client not to
    > connect to a work pc which is on the domain. I have done all the
    > neccessary port fwding and opened ports on the firewall. I even have
    > allowed remoted desktop protcol and services to be running on windows
    > xp pro service pack 2. Anyhow, my question to you is there a group
    > policy or something i can check to see what is blocking my remote
    > access to work computer. I think it has to do with my domain. I have
    > static ip address at work. My router also is setup to port fwd 3389
    > to the right static DHCP address within my LAN connection.
    >
    > I just cannot connect to my work computer using remote desktop.

    What message do you get?
    Can you remote from within your work network?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Ask your systems admin. They probably block almost all ports at their
    gateway.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Ankit Shah" wrote:
    | Is there anyting that could cause my remote desktop client not to connect
    | a work pc which is on the domain. I have done all the neccessary port
    fwding
    | and opened ports on the firewall. I even have allowed remoted desktop
    protcol
    | and services to be running on windows xp pro service pack 2. Anyhow, my
    | question to you is there a group policy or something i can check to see
    what
    | is blocking my remote access to work computer. I think it has to do with
    my
    | domain. I have static ip address at work. My router also is setup to port
    fwd
    | 3389 to the right static DHCP address within my LAN connection.
    |
    | I just cannot connect to my work computer using remote desktop.
    |
    | Ankit Shah

    Group policy can definitely block Remote Desktop.

    I like the idea of testing from the same LAN at work--try that and tell us
    what error message you get, if any.

    Has Remote Desktop ever worked on this particular machine?

    "Ankit Shah" <AnkitShah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there anyting that could cause my remote desktop client not to connect
    > a work pc which is on the domain. I have done all the neccessary port
    > fwding
    > and opened ports on the firewall. I even have allowed remoted desktop
    > protcol
    > and services to be running on windows xp pro service pack 2. Anyhow, my
    > question to you is there a group policy or something i can check to see
    > what
    > is blocking my remote access to work computer. I think it has to do with
    > my
    > domain. I have static ip address at work. My router also is setup to port
    > fwd
    > 3389 to the right static DHCP address within my LAN connection.
    >
    > I just cannot connect to my work computer using remote desktop.
    >
    > Ankit Shah

Domain Computers Windows XP