if you are work computer is on a domain

December 24, 2004 5:31:03 AM

Is there anyting that could cause my remote desktop client not to connect to
a work pc which is on the domain. I have done all the neccessary port fwding
and opened ports on the firewall. I even have allowed remoted desktop protcol
and services to be running on windows xp pro service pack 2. Anyhow, my
question to you is there a group policy or something i can check to see what
is blocking my remote access to work computer. I think it has to do with my
domain. I have static ip address at work. My router also is setup to port fwd
3389 to the right static DHCP address within my LAN connection.

I just cannot connect to my work computer using remote desktop.

Ankit Shah

More about : work computer domain

Anonymous
December 24, 2004 8:39:51 AM

Ankit Shah wrote:
> Is there anyting that could cause my remote desktop client not to
> connect to a work pc which is on the domain. I have done all the
> neccessary port fwding and opened ports on the firewall. I even have
> allowed remoted desktop protcol and services to be running on windows
> xp pro service pack 2. Anyhow, my question to you is there a group
> policy or something i can check to see what is blocking my remote
> access to work computer. I think it has to do with my domain. I have
> static ip address at work. My router also is setup to port fwd 3389
> to the right static DHCP address within my LAN connection.
>
> I just cannot connect to my work computer using remote desktop.

What message do you get?
Can you remote from within your work network?

--
<- Shenan ->
December 24, 2004 11:54:21 AM

Ask your systems admin. They probably block almost all ports at their
gateway.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Ankit Shah" wrote:
| Is there anyting that could cause my remote desktop client not to connect
| a work pc which is on the domain. I have done all the neccessary port
fwding
| and opened ports on the firewall. I even have allowed remoted desktop
protcol
| and services to be running on windows xp pro service pack 2. Anyhow, my
| question to you is there a group policy or something i can check to see
what
| is blocking my remote access to work computer. I think it has to do with
my
| domain. I have static ip address at work. My router also is setup to port
fwd
| 3389 to the right static DHCP address within my LAN connection.
|
| I just cannot connect to my work computer using remote desktop.
|
| Ankit Shah
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 12:10:20 AM

Group policy can definitely block Remote Desktop.

I like the idea of testing from the same LAN at work--try that and tell us
what error message you get, if any.

Has Remote Desktop ever worked on this particular machine?

!