Rebooting XP workstation remotely via RDP

How can I reboot a workstation running XP Pro SP2 remotely via RDP? I have
the alternate ports & firewall worked out so that I have access, but
Shutdown/Restart options are not available from the Start menu, and sometimes
I need to reboot remotely.
3 answers Last reply
More about rebooting workstation remotely

    Various ways...

    You can do a <Ctrl><Alt><End> and bring up the remote Task Manager. Then select the "Shutdown" menu
    at the top of the Task Manager window and select the desired action. You can also use the "tsshutdn"
    or "shutdown" commands from the command line on the remote machine. Open "Help and Support" and
    search on each for the proper syntax.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I reboot a workstation running XP Pro SP2 remotely via RDP? I have
    > the alternate ports & firewall worked out so that I have access, but
    > Shutdown/Restart options are not available from the Start menu, and sometimes
    > I need to reboot remotely.

    Thanks.

    "Sooner Al" wrote:

    > Various ways...
    >
    > You can do a <Ctrl><Alt><End> and bring up the remote Task Manager. Then select the "Shutdown" menu
    > at the top of the Task Manager window and select the desired action. You can also use the "tsshutdn"
    > or "shutdown" commands from the command line on the remote machine. Open "Help and Support" and
    > search on each for the proper syntax.
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I reboot a workstation running XP Pro SP2 remotely via RDP? I have
    > > the alternate ports & firewall worked out so that I have access, but
    > > Shutdown/Restart options are not available from the Start menu, and sometimes
    > > I need to reboot remotely.

    On the Remote machine run Taks Manager (either right click on the
    taskbar and select it or use the CTRL+ALT+END key combination and
    select it from the Securtiy box).
    Look for Shutdown on the taskbar and select Restart from the drop
    down menu.
    You'll have to reestablish you're remote connection.

    Nepatsfan
    "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I reboot a workstation running XP Pro SP2 remotely via
    > RDP? I have
    > the alternate ports & firewall worked out so that I have
    > access, but
    > Shutdown/Restart options are not available from the Start menu,
    > and sometimes
    > I need to reboot remotely.

Workstations Windows XP