Blank screen on remote desktop connection

I am able to make a remote connection after the remote computer is booted
up. But reconnecting after a disconnect presents a blank screen on the
client computer. Both the client and server are SP2s. I could not find a fix
for this on Microsoft KB that applied to Windows XP. Will appreciate any
help on this.
Thanks,
Sam
1 answer Last reply
More about blank screen remote desktop connection

    Roger wrote:

    > I am able to make a remote connection after the remote computer is
    > booted up. But reconnecting after a disconnect presents a blank
    > screen on the client computer. Both the client and server are SP2s.

    Three things to try, in no particular order:

    1. As with another recent case in this group, how do you "disconnect"? Do
    you click the Start menu on the Remote PC, and choose "Disconnect".

    2. When you are confronted with a blank screen after trying to login with
    RDP, wait a while, and then type Ctrl-Alt-End. Does that produce a
    response?

    3. Ensure that the video drivers on the RDP Server (the PC you are trying to
    connect to, not the PC you are connecting from) are updated to the
    manufacturer's latest version, not left at XP SP2 level.

    Are you trying to log in as an Admin or a normal User?

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Microsoft Windows XP