Painkiller. Problems too?

lowstandards

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2004
Pentium 4 @3.5ghz
1GB PC4000 DDR
Hercules 9800XT (not o/c) (4.3 Catalyst drivers)
Sb Audigy 2
Abit IC-7
Windows XP Pro

Ok, love the game and it runs silky smooth as has about 2 dozen games I've loaded on my 2.5 month old PC I threw together myself. However, am I the only one who gets graphical glitches in the single player portion of the game? I will be playing with 4X AA and 8X AF and silky smooth and fun and at times like the left side of the ground will be a huge white triangle. Or there will be an all red box in front of me and then will disappear. Happening quite a bit.

I know, I thought the same thing too: it sounds like the symptoms of an overclocked video card. But I don't o/c my card since my PC is fast enough without the o/c. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

could be a power issue. what / how big is your power supply??

also what kind of ventilation(watercooling, if you have it) or cooling do you have and does your computer have enough ventalation??

sounds like either power or heat issue to me.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>

lowstandards

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2004
i've got an antec TruePower 480w power supply. and 4 Thermaltake SmartFan II's (auto-sensing) sucking and pulling air. Video card reports 71degrees celcius during hardcore gaming. about average from what I've read. Thought it was heat too. But then why with this game that my PC runs silky smooth and not other games that knock my system in the dirt? ya know?

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
its the obvious first reply everyone should have told u by now but have u tried a driver change? also does the same glitches happen with AF and AA turned down

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
he is right, my 9800xt IDLES at 65c and u can cook food on it when under load like those ppl that cook food on a car engine after a long drive :D

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"