hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
We are networking 2 computers with a linksys 4 port router, one computer has windows 2000 pro, the other has xp home. both computers can use r cable modem, but only the 2000 pro can see the other on the network so we can't share files, printer ect. This is realy anoying- Down with XP!!!

Thanks

YAhhhhhhh!!! Jan 27! Advance geforce fx seeing with Steve Molnar!!!!!!!! -you see, sticking with boy scouts finely paid off -mom

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
have you enabled file and print sharing on the 2000 computer? i just love it when the ignorant blame the computer for not reading their minds.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

casiowatch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2002
Try to following:

To access a computer you use: \\<computer_name>

It will also work if you use: \\<ip_address>

And to make Windows XP Pro shareable, go to any folder, go to the toolbar menu, tools->folder_options->view and select the last option <use_simple_file_sharing>. Any file you want to share should show up, I hope.

-----
<b>All the world's problems can be solved through COMMON SENSE<b>

hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
yes they, can ping, no fiewall, tryed //computer name from xp, and enabled file and print sharing and nothing works. when i unplug the LAN cable, xp says that there is a problem with the lan, so it sees it, it just wont share!
%^#&#^%*$&* XP!!!!!

YAhhhhhhh!!! Jan 27! Advance geforce fx seeing with Steve Molnar!!!!!!!! -you see, sticking with boy scouts finely paid off -mom

hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
thanks a LOT