Movie Maker 2 No Sound Converting MPEG

Hi, I have an MPEG-2 that has video and sound. The MPEG plays
normally.

I put it in movie maker because I want to create a .wmv for a website.
However, the .wmv produced has no sound. The video plays fine, but
there is no sound. I expanded the MPEG-2 in the timeline and dragged
the audio stream into the audio line of MM2. Still no sound.

I am trying to produce a small enough .wmv for the web. I used the
dialup 38k and the broadband 150k (both under 8MB.)

Any hints are appreciated. Alternate tools are also welcome. Thank
you.

On 4 Feb 2005 13:09:44 -0800, john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:00:38 -0800, John Thomas Smith <jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote:
>>
>>Have you looked at the Microsoft support link?
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/default.mspx
>
>It says get answer in video newsgroup.

Typical. <G>

To debug this we need some more information. Ten questions should sort
you out:

1. Have you got the speakers turned on and volume up?
2. Have you checked for IRQ conflicts. (Not IRAQ conflicts, these ones
are far more annoying) ?
3. Have you eaten fish lately ?
4. Was your PC involved in the recent Tsunami?
5. Where is 5 and 6? don't know. What are you going to do, sue me?
7. Did you ask Movie Maker to convert the audio too?
8. Check sector 13860787 on your hard disk, it's bad on mine.
9. Up your fish intake, it's good for you.
10. If it says 'Microsoft' anywhere on the product, it might not work
as well as you'd wish.

Have a great weekend.

--
Owamanga!