Host Computer @ work

My host computer which is my work computer runs on xp Professional. I have
gone in and enabled it for remote work. Dell support tells me that the host
computer needs to have a wireless card installed. This doesn't seem right.
Is this true or false?
1 answer Last reply
More about host computer work

    If the host is on a wired Ethernet LAN then the answer is no...

    If the host is on a wireless only LAN then the answer is yes...

    So the question is how does the PC your trying to access from a remote location (from home?) connect
    to the public internet?

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "bellbiv" <bellbiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My host computer which is my work computer runs on xp Professional. I have
    > gone in and enabled it for remote work. Dell support tells me that the host
    > computer needs to have a wireless card installed. This doesn't seem right.
    > Is this true or false?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP