Host Computer @ work

December 28, 2004 5:35:04 PM

My host computer which is my work computer runs on xp Professional. I have
gone in and enabled it for remote work. Dell support tells me that the host
computer needs to have a wireless card installed. This doesn't seem right.
Is this true or false?

More about : host computer work

Anonymous
December 28, 2004 9:25:57 PM

If the host is on a wired Ethernet LAN then the answer is no...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

If the host is on a wireless only LAN then the answer is yes...

So the question is how does the PC your trying to access from a remote location (from home?) connect
to the public internet?

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)