Sound moves out of sync when authoring

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

A friend has this problem.

After capture with a Winfast capture card, the mpg file is ok (captured to
DVD spec)

After authoring with TMPG DVD Author, it loses sync.

I dont have this issue, and DVD Author doesnt really have any settings a
such, any ideas

His PC is about 2.4Ghz AMD

Cheers
1 answer Last reply
More about sound moves sync authoring
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Tony" <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >A friend has this problem.
    >
    > After capture with a Winfast capture card, the mpg file is ok (captured to
    > DVD spec)
    >
    > After authoring with TMPG DVD Author, it loses sync.
    >
    > I dont have this issue, and DVD Author doesnt really have any settings a
    > such, any ideas
    >
    > His PC is about 2.4Ghz AMD
    >
    > Cheers

    It may appear ok, but padding techniques may have used to
    cover dropped frames. The player on your PC can deal with it
    that way but to properly author a DVD the padding should go.
    It may be correctable by running the MPEG through VideoReDo
    to have the GOP header and PTS data realigned with the video
    and audio streams. www.VideoReDo.com

    Luck;
    Ken

Tuner Cards DVD Video Graphics