multiple use

Hi. I am new to looking at Remote Desktop possibilities. So far I
can't find answers to these...

Is it possible for two people to connect remotely to the same host
computer at the same time?

If I am connected remotely to a PC, is it possible for this PC to be
independently used locally at the same time?

--
Thanks.
Steve

Steve Schapel wrote:
> Hi. I am new to looking at Remote Desktop possibilities. So far I
> can't find answers to these...
>
> Is it possible for two people to connect remotely to the same host
> computer at the same time?

Servers - yes.
Workstations - no.

> If I am connected remotely to a PC, is it possible for this PC to be
> independently used locally at the same time?

Servers - somewhat - depending on your setup/licensing.
Workstations - no.

--
<- Shenan ->

Thanks a lot, Shenan. Ok, so I would need to be using a server OS on
the host machine, right? And so therefore Terminal Services licensing
system and CALs and all that become necessary... is this correct?

--
Steve

Steve Schapel wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Shenan. Ok, so I would need to be using a server OS on
> the host machine, right? And so therefore Terminal Services licensing
> system and CALs and all that become necessary... is this correct?

(Pardon my jumping in)

Yep, unless you're using TS in admin mode (=Remote Desktop on W2003) - for
remote administration only - in which case no TS CALs are required.