VPN Can connect, but stops all other internet connections

I had to install Cisco VPN 3.5.1 to connect to wife's work computer.
(microsoft VPN won't connect) Now when it connects to her work, all other
internet connectivity is stopped. I believe it has something to do with XP
SP2.
I can also connect to my work using the Microsoft VPN and have no problems.
If I use the Cisco VPN, then I'm stuck without being able to get emails, etc
as it blocks any connections.
Any suggestions on what to disable/change so the Cisco VPN dialer won't
block all other outbound connectivity?
4 answers Last reply
More about connect stops internet connections

    Brad A wrote:
    > I had to install Cisco VPN 3.5.1 to connect to wife's work computer.
    > (microsoft VPN won't connect) Now when it connects to her work, all
    > other internet connectivity is stopped. I believe it has something
    > to do with XP SP2.
    > I can also connect to my work using the Microsoft VPN and have no
    > problems. If I use the Cisco VPN, then I'm stuck without being able
    > to get emails, etc as it blocks any connections.
    > Any suggestions on what to disable/change so the Cisco VPN dialer
    > won't block all other outbound connectivity?

    Not SP2 related. It's a VPN client thing - don't know the Cisco app, but
    look for "use remote gateway" or somesuch and disable it.

    "Lanwench MVP - Exc" wrote:
    > Brad A wrote:
    > > I had to install Cisco VPN 3.5.1 to connect to wife's work
    > computer.
    > > (microsoft VPN won't connect) Now when it connects to her
    > work, all
    > > other internet connectivity is stopped. I believe it has
    > something
    > > to do with XP SP2.
    > > I can also connect to my work using the Microsoft VPN and
    > have no
    > > problems. If I use the Cisco VPN, then I'm stuck without
    > being able
    > > to get emails, etc as it blocks any connections.
    > > Any suggestions on what to disable/change so the Cisco VPN
    > dialer
    > > won't block all other outbound connectivity?
    >
    > Not SP2 related. It's a VPN client thing - don't know the
    > Cisco app, but
    > look for "use remote gateway" or somesuch and disable it.

    That’s the way that that VPN client works, we use it here where I
    work. There is a setting that says allow local lan access and that
    never works either. That is a security thing, that way nobody can
    start a trojan on your system and get to your company site,

    --
    Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
    Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Work-Remotely-VPN-connect-stops-internet-connections-ftopict244228.html

    bobsimms563 wrote:
    > "Lanwench MVP - Exc" wrote:
    > > Brad A wrote:
    > > > I had to install Cisco VPN 3.5.1 to connect to wife's work
    > > computer.
    > > > (microsoft VPN won't connect) Now when it connects to her
    > > work, all
    > > > other internet connectivity is stopped. I believe it has
    > > something
    > > > to do with XP SP2.
    > > > I can also connect to my work using the Microsoft VPN and
    > > have no
    > > > problems. If I use the Cisco VPN, then I'm stuck without
    > > being able
    > > > to get emails, etc as it blocks any connections.
    > > > Any suggestions on what to disable/change so the Cisco VPN
    > > dialer
    > > > won't block all other outbound connectivity?
    > >
    > > Not SP2 related. It's a VPN client thing - don't know the
    > > Cisco app, but
    > > look for "use remote gateway" or somesuch and disable it.
    >
    > That's the way that that VPN client works, we use it here where I
    > work. There is a setting that says allow local lan access and that
    > never works either. That is a security thing, that way nobody can
    > start a trojan on your system and get to your company site,

    Yes, I really prefer to leave it as is for security reasons.

    "Lanwench MVP - Exc" wrote:
    > bobsimms563 wrote:
    > > "Lanwench MVP - Exc" wrote:
    >  > > Brad A wrote:
    >   > > > I had to install Cisco VPN 3.5.1 to connect
    > to wife's work
    >  > > computer.
    >   > > > (microsoft VPN won't connect) Now when it
    > connects to her
    >  > > work, all
    >   > > > other internet connectivity is stopped. I
    > believe it has
    >  > > something
    >   > > > to do with XP SP2.
    >   > > > I can also connect to my work using the
    > Microsoft VPN and
    >  > > have no
    >   > > > problems. If I use the Cisco VPN, then I'm
    > stuck without
    >  > > being able
    >   > > > to get emails, etc as it blocks any
    > connections.
    >   > > > Any suggestions on what to disable/change
    > so the Cisco VPN
    >  > > dialer
    >   > > > won't block all other outbound
    > connectivity?
    >  > >
    >  > > Not SP2 related. It's a VPN client thing - don't
    > know the
    >  > > Cisco app, but
    >  > > look for "use remote gateway" or somesuch and
    > disable it.
    > >
    > > That's the way that that VPN client works, we use it here
    > where I
    > > work. There is a setting that says allow local lan access
    > and that
    > > never works either. That is a security thing, that way
    > nobody can
    > > start a trojan on your system and get to your company site,
    >
    > Yes, I really prefer to leave it as is for security reasons.

    I like the security but would like to have local lan access. Oh well,
    I can always wait until I sign off.

    --
    Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
    Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Work-Remotely-VPN-connect-stops-internet-connections-ftopict244228.html