The local policy of this system does not permit you to log..

January 3, 2005 11:17:03 AM

Hi,

First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Sorry Old problem, but couldnt get the solution........

I am using Xp Prof. I am tryig to enable Remote Desktop thru web. Everything
is ok, except the known problem "The local policy of this system does not
permit you to logon inte..." The user i am trying to log is of admin type,
switched off the xp firewall, enabled all possible services. still it is
showing the same....

Ofcourse, I tried all the Microsoft KB.. but still.....

WWhat to do??? Plz help!!!

Thanx in adv.

Regs,
Srikanth
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 1:39:50 PM

Go to:
Administrative Tools\Local Security Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies\User Rights Assignment

Review the rights and make sure that the user account has the ability to
logon locally as well as through Terminal Services. Also make sure that the
user is not part of any groups which have the access denied.

Kind Regards,

--
Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP
2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General

In addition to Colin's suggestion, make sure that you have done the
following:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289289

(note that you can set this manually by URA, but this is easier to
check first).
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:17:03 -0800, "Srikanth"
<Srikanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR.
>
>Sorry Old problem, but couldnt get the solution........
>
>I am using Xp Prof. I am tryig to enable Remote Desktop thru web. Everything
>is ok, except the known problem "The local policy of this system does not
>permit you to logon inte..." The user i am trying to log is of admin type,
>switched off the xp firewall, enabled all possible services. still it is
>showing the same....
>
>Ofcourse, I tried all the Microsoft KB.. but still.....
>
>WWhat to do??? Plz help!!!
>
>Thanx in adv.
>
>Regs,
>Srikanth
Related resources
January 4, 2005 1:25:08 PM

Thank you very much for the reply.

Its working......

Regs
Srikanth

"Colin M. McGroarty" wrote:

> Go to:
> Administrative Tools\Local Security Settings\Security Settings\Local
> Policies\User Rights Assignment
>
> Review the rights and make sure that the user account has the ability to
> logon locally as well as through Terminal Services. Also make sure that the
> user is not part of any groups which have the access denied.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> --
> Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP
> 2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General
> www.McGroarty.org

January 4, 2005 1:29:05 PM

Thanks Jeffrey.....

Its working.....