borders and edges help

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

hi,
i am trying to add borders or edges to video clips in Ulead Studio 8. the
sample files are located in the Decoration/frames folder and work fine, they
seem to be saved as tiff files.
My problem is that when i try to create a new frame/border, using adobe
photoshop,
although the centre of the frame/border is transparent,when i import it into
the Decorations/frames folder and then onto the Overlay track i cannot see
the original video clip underneath.

Can anyone please tell me how to create Border/Frame files to use on the
Overlay track?

Many thanks
Ray

"Ray" wrote ...
> hi,
> i am trying to add borders or edges to video clips in Ulead Studio 8.
> the
> sample files are located in the Decoration/frames folder and work
> fine, they
> seem to be saved as tiff files.
> My problem is that when i try to create a new frame/border, using
> adobe
> photoshop,
> although the centre of the frame/border is transparent,when i import
> it into
> the Decorations/frames folder and then onto the Overlay track i cannot
> see
> the original video clip underneath.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to create Border/Frame files to use on
> the
> Overlay track?

Are you sure you placed it in the proper track?
Proper key source selected (alpha channel, etc.)?
Why not just use one of the wipes in a static position?