Apple won't give me my Quicktime Pro licence key back

I used to have Quicktime Pro on my computer so I could convert the videos
on my site to MOV format to have more than one playback option.

At the end of last year I lost everything when my computer blew up:
http://photos.timchuma.com/kibology/harddiskexplode.jpg

I contacted Apple to ask for them to send me the registration key for
Quicktime Pro again, but I have never heard back from them.

As much as I like flushing $60 down the toilet, I am not going to register
with them again.

Thanks.

--
GIT Groupie : http://gitgroupie.timchuma.com
The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com

Should be pretty simple. You get your lost info from the Apple Store using
the "Your Account" button:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70303/wo/EH3
I64YVIfFl3VweBhBB1gzypfU/1.3.0.4.5?48,17

Since this all may not be apparent to you I have included the following
links to assist you.

This is the link to log into your account:
https://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70303/wo/EH
3I64YVIfFl3VweBhBB1gzypfU/0.0.11.1.0.4.12.0.0.0.1.0.0.0

If you forgot your password there's a link for that as well:
https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSiForgot.woa/wa/iforgot?langua
ge=US-EN&app_id=2000&newWindow=true&border=false

If you forgot you Apple ID there's another link for that, too!
https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSiForgot.woa/11/wo/PEKNJOG8Wyt
7pfxgDdgOWw/0.1.3.0.0.1

Apple proper and the Apple Store are not connected and are run out of two
separate geographic locations. Therefore the reason you did not get a
response by writing to them. Even writing to the Apple Store will not yield
your information. They figure once you have purchased using a specific
e-mail address you can always get what you need, the same as it is with
nearly any other internet download purchase.

"Tim Chmielewski" <webmaster@timchuma.com> wrote in message
> I used to have Quicktime Pro on my computer so I could convert the videos
> on my site to MOV format to have more than one playback option.
>
> At the end of last year I lost everything when my computer blew up:
> http://photos.timchuma.com/kibology/harddiskexplode.jpg
>
> I contacted Apple to ask for them to send me the registration key for
> Quicktime Pro again, but I have never heard back from them.
>
> As much as I like flushing $60 down the toilet, I am not going to register
> with them again.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> GIT Groupie : http://gitgroupie.timchuma.com
> The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com
> My Photos : http://photos.timchuma.com

Darrel

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 06:35:12 GMT, "Digital Video Solutions"
<video@digitalvideosolutionsNOSPAM.com> wrote:

>Since this all may not be apparent to you I have included the following
>links to assist you.
>
>This is the link to log into your account:
>https://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70303/wo/EH
>3I64YVIfFl3VweBhBB1gzypfU/0.0.11.1.0.4.12.0.0.0.1.0.0.0
>
>If you forgot your password there's a link for that as well:
>https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSiForgot.woa/wa/iforgot?langua
>ge=US-EN&app_id=2000&newWindow=true&border=false
>
>If you forgot you Apple ID there's another link for that, too!
>https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSiForgot.woa/11/wo/PEKNJOG8Wyt
>7pfxgDdgOWw/0.1.3.0.0.1
>
>Apple proper and the Apple Store are not connected and are run out of two
>separate geographic locations. Therefore the reason you did not get a
>response by writing to them. Even writing to the Apple Store will not yield
>your information. They figure once you have purchased using a specific
>e-mail address you can always get what you need, the same as it is with
>nearly any other internet download purchase.

Just for the heck of it, I went to all those sites and Apple doesn't
show any info about me whatsoever. I registered for Quicktime Pro 3 in
1998 so maybe the info is to old. But they do have a link to search
previous to 1997 so don't know why it would. be to old.
Maybe I'll check order desk next and see if they show anything.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tim Chmielewski wrote:
> I used to have Quicktime Pro on my computer so I could convert the
videos
> on my site to MOV format to have more than one playback option.
>
> At the end of last year I lost everything when my computer blew up:
> http://photos.timchuma.com/kibology/harddiskexplode.jpg
>
> I contacted Apple to ask for them to send me the registration key for

> Quicktime Pro again, but I have never heard back from them.
>
> As much as I like flushing $60 down the toilet, I am not going to
register
> with them again.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> GIT Groupie : http://gitgroupie.timchuma.com
> The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com

> My Photos : http://photos.timchuma.com

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Yet, another cautionary tale for others about keeping backup records of
your license keys.

I had a system die on me last year. But, I keep two copies of a CD
with the installation files of everything I had to download and a
database of all my license keys. Once I got my machine back it only
took me 20 minutes to get everything up and running again.

"Digital Video Solutions" <video@digitalvideosolutionsNOSPAM.com> wrote
in news:A4ZNd.1256$pc5.644@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

> Apple proper and the Apple Store are not connected and are run out of
> two separate geographic locations. Therefore the reason you did not
> get a response by writing to them. Even writing to the Apple Store
> will not yield your information. They figure once you have purchased
> using a specific e-mail address you can always get what you need, the
> same as it is with nearly any other internet download purchase.

Thanks for the links, I would have never found it otherwise.

I will have to remember to print out your advice and my registration
details when I get them.